News:

Main Menu

Font vs Typefaces

Started by G_Town, October 12, 2011, 01:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: gnubler on October 13, 2011, 09:57:46 PM
Quote from: Joe on October 13, 2011, 03:34:06 PMI thought that looked familiar. :laugh:

Ask Sabby or anyone else who's gotten mail from me. I figured Comic Sans was common courtesy amongst members...  :laugh:  I mean, it's friendly & whimsical, can't go wrong.
I felt like the most important Prepresser in the world yesterday.  :banana:
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

David

I never get any mail...     :cry:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: david on October 14, 2011, 07:53:27 AMI never get any mail...     :cry:
WOW, that's nice...not to have any bills!
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

David

bills?    those come by phone call now-a-days. Some even call the cell phone.  They know I chunk all the "junk" mail.    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

hotmetal

So... when the CSR says the client wants it "in a bigger font" they're actually, totally by accident, on the right track! Specifically, they want a larger "point size" of that font, but they at least aren't asking for a "bigger typeface"!

Then there's the bizarre term that cropped up late in the 20th Century:  Typefont
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson