EPS fonts warning

Started by frailer, July 29, 2008, 06:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratintrap

Quote from: almaink on July 31, 2008, 08:44:30 AMDesigners today in general are sloppy workers. Guides all over the place, invisibles left on, crap all over the pasteboard. It shouldn't cause issues when you make PDF's tho, as long as none of it's in the live area of the PDF including bleed, but still it'd be nice if they would clean up, and throw out the trash before they send the files to us.

Sometimes I take care of creating the PDFs for page layouts that my coworkers have done and I find exactly what you are talking about. Five million guides, photos and text way out on the edge of the pasteboard that will probably be overlooked forever because they most likely ended up there by accident (the pasteboard is huge in PageMaker).

I don't know how someone can work amongst such clutter, it makes me want to :puke2:.

-Rat

almaink

I feel for you ratintrap, Pagemaker's pasteboard was always a mess and the people that used it weren't trained well in it's use. I used to hate the text boxes extending way passed the trim of the page in that program. I'm Glad I rarely see see Pagemaker files anymore.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

ratintrap

Quote from: almaink on July 31, 2008, 11:48:25 AMI used to hate the text boxes extending way passed the trim of the page in that program.

Oooh, that drives me crazy too. :blowup:

-Rat