News:

Main Menu

Quark 7, 8, & 9

Started by hotmetal, November 21, 2011, 12:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Quote from: StudioMonkey on November 28, 2011, 09:44:18 AM... my response is long on commiseration and short on advice.  Real world we use stuff that works properly.

Well said!!

Welcome to the forums StudioMonkey!

Cheers!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

We have q 7 or 8 here. Not sure, I never use it except the rare time I have to open an archived file from 5+ years ago. All our layout is done in Indy and dumb customers are at least smart enough to not supply q files. Haven't gotten one in years.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

hotmetal

I was wondering if I could  talk Quark into hiring me to tell them what they need to do to get back in the game. Because... I know how. And, of course, so do you. But I thought of it first!
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

t-pat

they seriously need to just start over. That dog won't hunt anymore.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

NefariousDrO

They're clearly aiming for the tablets and ebooks stuff, but they can only compete if they cut the price in half, I'd guess. Adobe's total package is a far superior deal, even when InDesign was still a work in progress.

Joe

Looks like they have extended their upgrade offer though I had to fix the ad in their email to me.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

I hope they don't get mobbed like Walmart  on black Friday...
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

I can't wait to pepper spray someone to get my copy of the q9  :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

Quote from: Joe on January 05, 2012, 09:43:31 AMLooks like they have extended their upgrade offer though I had to fix the ad in their email to me.

wtf is an "EPUP" ( see ad, 2nd bullet)
vdp donkey

DigiCorn

Quote from: t-pat on January 05, 2012, 11:27:07 AMwtf is an "EPUP" ( see ad, 2nd bullet)
Is that an electronic dog. Or a Furby maybe?

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

Quote from: t-pat on January 05, 2012, 11:27:07 AM
Quote from: Joe on January 05, 2012, 09:43:31 AMLooks like they have extended their upgrade offer though I had to fix the ad in their email to me.

read it again, it's ePub.
short for electronic publication

no, it's not an iDog    almost, but not quite      :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

oh, my mistake, it actually says ePup, the 3rd bullet has it correctly spelled. too bad their software doesn't use spell check.
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: t-pat on January 05, 2012, 11:27:07 AM

:lmao:

Nice work on proofreading your ad Mr. Quark.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Someone needs to get fired over that!

Or maybe they just used quark's robust spellcheck feature.

t-pat

Quote from: gnubler on January 05, 2012, 12:52:35 PMSomeone needs to get fired over that!

Or maybe they just used quark's robust spellcheck feature.

if they fired people for fucking up there would be nobody left in their dev team.
vdp donkey