News:

Main Menu

Quark 7, 8, & 9

Started by hotmetal, November 21, 2011, 12:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

I bet they almost fired Shelly the time she posted here.

A few hours passed and suddenly all her posts were edited and blank. :lololol:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

Not that anyone needs reminding, but we are now, effectively, Adobe Peons.   :shrug:  Q looking more like the knight in Monty Python.  Those emails we all get are too excruciating to bother reading. Seems there's a direct synapse chain now~ eyes to email header>Quack>middle finger>Delete.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on January 05, 2012, 02:02:41 PMNot that anyone needs reminding, but we are now, effectively, Adobe Peons.   :shrug:  Q looking more like the knight in Monty Python.  Those emails we all get are too excruciating to bother reading. Seems there's a direct synapse chain now~ eyes to email header>Quack>middle finger>Delete.

Adobe could use some competition but Quark was just so damn arrogant during their reign it's just hard to feel sorry for them now.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

I just use Word. It came free on my computer.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

hotmetal

Quote from: Joe on January 05, 2012, 02:04:24 PMAdobe could use some competition but Quark was just so damn arrogant during their reign it's just hard to feel sorry for them now.

funny, that's just about how I feel about my former employer, too.                       :hangme:
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

gnubler

Farabomb

Quote from: t-pat on January 05, 2012, 12:55:11 PM
Quote from: gnubler on January 05, 2012, 12:52:35 PMSomeone needs to get fired over that!

Or maybe they just used quark's robust spellcheck feature.

if they fired people for fucking up there would be nobody left in their dev team.

After using q8 I'm pretty sure there isn't.

I wonder if they even own a copy of any CS version. Checking on what your competitor is doing is a good thing. Guess they just rely on magic.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job