News:

Main Menu

Preps 7

Started by jmaciag, November 19, 2015, 01:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Not sure on the creep. Haven't had any issue with it.

Time to go home here. Good luck. :hello:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

I tried it and it works for a single form... but multiple forms as a saddle stitch and the numbers got all weird.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Can you send me the template so I can take a look at it?

DigiCorn

Things move VERY fast around here... I'll see if I can go back and find it to send to you. Now we have a new issue; on the 110 web, we are running a sheet that's taller than it is wide, and Preps is rotating the marks, but not the work.

The current workaround solution is to take it away from Connect and Preps 7 and do it in Evo with Preps 5, that way we can manually rotate the pdf marks.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Are your templates made to sheet size or plate size?

Our web presses are made to plate size and almost all of ours are taller than they are wide because we run a double cutoff.

DigiCorn

Not sure. We have layouts for our three types of presses: the M110 half web, the M130 full web and the XL105 Offset. Our templates are set up by plate, and then by sheet size, so I would say they are set up plate size.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

So the marks are trying to extend off of the plate in Preps? That is the only time I've seen Preps try to auto rotate anything and I don't think I've even seen it try that since Preps 5.

DigiCorn

Nope. It's all normal with plenty of room. It's 17.75" tall x 17.5" wide, but when "Save and return to prinergy," it rotates the marks in the VPS, but the imposed work is in the correct place.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

OK I've never seen that happen in Prinergy. I don't even know how that is possible.

DigiCorn

It was an issue in Evo here too, but for our system to work with ASIR bar codes, we have to make pdfs of the .ps for the marks before we can register, and then we can rotate the pdfs to fix. Because Connect and Preps 7 is all inclusive, we can't rotate the marks separately.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

bmudge

We haven't run into the rotated marks issue but are having another problem with crop marks.
For reasons out of our control for the time being we're forced to use Preps 5 after our Prinergy/Preps upgrade.
We've been create new Templates with Preps 7 and when needed move them back to 5 successfully with one exception.
Crop marks from 7 do not carry over when the templates are opened in 5. All other marks are fine, just the crops
drop out. What are we missing here?

bmudge

Joe

I believe the crop marks in Preps 5 were static marks and in 7 they are smartmarks so Preps 5 can't use them. Or something like that. I know there are smartmarks issues trying to use Preps 7 templates in Preps 5.

Now the big question.....why in the world would an upgrade force you to go back to Preps 5? :vomit:

bmudge

Circumstances place us between a rock and hard headed ownership. Burning thru between 4 and 6,000 plates a week with
three full shifts of platemakers, one seat of training was purchased with our upgrade. Not a snowballs prayer in #@$%#@ the jump
from 5 to 7 could be made without a train wreck in press room production.
So we're holding on to preps 5 elements while the plate room gets a handle on 7.
Thanks much for the response makes perfect sense.

bmudge

Joe

Quote from: bmudge on January 08, 2016, 12:21:02 PMCircumstances place us between a rock and hard headed ownership. Burning thru between 4 and 6,000 plates a week with
three full shifts of platemakers, one seat of training was purchased with our upgrade. Not a snowballs prayer in #@$%#@ the jump
from 5 to 7 could be made without a train wreck in press room production.
So we're holding on to preps 5 elements while the plate room gets a handle on 7.
Thanks much for the response makes perfect sense.

bmudge

No other explanation needed. :rotf:

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on January 08, 2016, 08:18:32 AMNow the big question.....why in the world would an upgrade force you to go back to Preps 5? :vomit:
Because Kodak said it was a known issue and didn't have a workaround for why our template is rotating the marks and leaving the work alone.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway