News:

Main Menu

Preps 7

Started by jmaciag, November 19, 2015, 01:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

LOL...since you had that problem I've been trying to make it rotate the marks for me and I haven't been able to accomplish it. :rotf:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

That's because you know what you're doing. We just got Connect right before I started here in December, and no one here knows a thing.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Can you send me that .job file real quick. It should be in the job folder under /System/ImpositionPlans/Preps or maybe just /System/ImpositionPlans? Does the marks show rotated in Preps or just in your VPS?

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on January 08, 2016, 08:30:52 PMCan you send me that .job file real quick. It should be in the job folder under /System/ImpositionPlans/Preps or maybe just /System/ImpositionPlans? Does the marks show rotated in Preps or just in your VPS?
Just in the VPS.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

[attachimg=1 align=left]    Imported your .job file so of course I don't have some of your marks but that shouldn't matter since I do have the Preps standard marks. When I "Save and Return to Prinergy" from Preps I get this error. If you aren't seeing this error you probably have the Preps preference set to ignore this error. But you really should have a PDF of any marks that you use. So I continue with "Save and Return to Prinergy" and it processes and I make the VPS and this is what I get. The marks are not rotated.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on January 09, 2016, 08:08:35 AMIf you aren't seeing this error you probably have the Preps preference set to ignore this error.
If I am not seeing that error it's because the department lead and the Preps Nazi have set it that way. I am low man on the totem pole here in a department of 8 and I have no control over anything they have set up here.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Yay! I got a new problem now... when applying creep, it only moves the pages in one direction (sometimes). I haven't figured out why it works correctly sometimes, and why it doesn't sometimes. I assume if I rebuild the template from scratch, the problem will go away... but we're so busy here I don't have time to do that.

...and then, when you have a single sided cover on a saddle stitch book (or the cover is a spread and the rest are single pages), the creep goes backwards instead and you have to enter it as a negative number.

Fun times.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

I think your copy of Preps needs an exorcism! :evil:

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DCurry

I've seen that creep weirdness in when using the Scale option on the creep. If you check the Scale box, then you have to make sure that your pages in Prinergy are set to "Honor Existing", not "Centered". By default, we have our pages always center, so when I scale creep a job I have to remember to change the setting.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

We center the pages and use scale creep without any issues. Where are you centering your pages. In Preps or in Prinergy?

DCurry

Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

In the Import Process Template as shown below? We've never noticed an issue using creep scale method with the centering set in the process template.

DigiCorn

I was told today that posting anything here about any project or issue is a violation of my NDA and grounds for termination. I was also told not to try to help out with Prinergy issues because it's not my job to. We pay for support and it will be utilized. If I can't do my job properly because something doesn't work right, let them know. I suppose I can still post non-working related stuff tho. Posting from my phone on 4G so as not be tracked.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Well that sucks but it's not worth it to rock the boat.