Started by jmaciag, November 19, 2015, 01:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

:laugh:
you have to split it up?
I don't think we won anything

:offtopic: :laugh:

Joe

Quote from: DCurry on January 14, 2016, 02:56:33 PMOh, I receive all sorts of crap, but I usually try to get it squared away before I feed it to Prinergy, especially if it is a book big enough to require creep.

I do work at a pretty good place, though. Lots of interesting projects and laid-back management.

Almost all of our jobs are uploaded by customers and auto refined before we even have a chance to look at them. Plus they won't pay to fix them properly so it goes the way they upload it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on January 14, 2016, 03:01:39 PM:laugh:
you have to split it up?
I don't think we won anything

:offtopic: :laugh:

At least someone in your state was one of the 3 winners.

Mikie

Almost all of our jobs are uploaded by customers and auto refined before we even have a chance to look at them. Plus they won't pay to fix them properly so it goes the way they upload it. - Joe

This is the most beautiful thing I have read since starting in printing over 20 yrs ago. I am fine and very interested in fixing up the customers files, but not for free. I started when the transition from film stripping to computers was taking place. The owners back then spent a shit ton of money on computers, and then gave it all away because it was magical, no skill, was a savings to the customer. And here we are today...

Good to hear some companies are now either charging for prepress work, or printing your shit as is instead of giving my pay away. I can either fix your shit master Designer, or I can print what you gave me with automation. It is just the cost of the two paths they must choose. I have zero fucks to give which path is chosen.

Joe

Hey it seems there is sort of a fix from Kodak for this issue. I say sort of because it only works if the trims are set correctly to start with and you have to take the setting for centering pages to 'honor existing'. Which is useless for my situation. But here it is. Maybe it helps you.

Scaled creep is not correctly applied when Center Page is selected in the import process template

Product

Prinergy Connect 5.1 and later

Error

The trim defined for one or more pages on this surface is different from the trim specified in the imposition plan.

This issue is applicable to all import actions (i.e. imposition as well as job import).

Symptoms

Scaled creep is not correctly applied on output. On output, a message may appear.

Solution

Edit the Preps configuration file that you are using in the import process template. The profiles are located on the primary server at C:\Prinergy\CreoAraxi\AraxiPreps\Profiles.
Set Autocenter to Yes.
Set Center to No.
Set Scaledshingling to Yes. (SCALEDSHINGLING:YES)
Save the profile with a new name, then select the profile in the import process template.
In the import process template, set Center Pages in Imposition to Honor Existing.

Joe

Quote from: Mikie on January 14, 2016, 06:46:41 PMThis is the most beautiful thing I have read since starting in printing over 20 yrs ago. I am fine and very interested in fixing up the customers files, but not for free. I started when the transition from film stripping to computers was taking place. The owners back then spent a shit ton of money on computers, and then gave it all away because it was magical, no skill, was a savings to the customer. And here we are today...

Good to hear some companies are now either charging for prepress work, or printing your shit as is instead of giving my pay away. I can either fix your shit master Designer, or I can print what you gave me with automation. It is just the cost of the two paths they must choose. I have zero fucks to give which path is chosen.

[attachimg=1 width=400]