Apple mail and rules...

Started by wonderings, January 10, 2018, 12:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wonderings

Running Sierra and having a few little headaches after having to switch to Google business for my email. I want to set up a rule that only applies to one account. I have 3 mail accounts in apple mail. I have to use POP mail for my business account and the issue with Gmail and POP accounts is when you send an email it puts the sent message in my inbox. I made a rule to put anything from my own email account in my sent box, this works great accept if I get sent something from my business email to my personal email the rule applies and puts it in the sent box rather then my personal inbox. 

How do I set up a rule to put all emails from xxxx@mydomain.ca in my sent box but only apply that to xxxx@domain.ca and not personal@mydomain.ca and personal@otherdomain.com accounts?

I have this rule already set up but is not working as I need it to, everything from my business email is still going to sent box even from my personal emails.

ninjaPB_43

Can you change "any" to "all" and then add a criteria under the "move message" that is an "except"?

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Joe

Why would sent mail be going to your Inbox? I use some GMail accounts and it doesn't do that for me.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

scottrsimons

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on January 10, 2018, 12:19:44 PMCan you change "any" to "all" and then add a criteria under the "move message" that is an "except"?

That's the key right there. Change the "any" to "all" should do what you need.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

wonderings

Quote from: Joe on January 10, 2018, 12:22:49 PMWhy would sent mail be going to your Inbox? I use some GMail accounts and it doesn't do that for me.

Are you using IMAP for your gmail accounts? I have to use POP settings because multiple computers and people use the same account and do not want one person deleting on their machine to delete it from everyones.

Will have to contact google and see if they have an answer. My own google searches though did bring up people with the same issue which is where I got the idea for making a rule to filter out emails from myself.

changing "any" to "all" seems to have worked, thanks for that tip scottrsimons!

Joe

Yes both users are using POP with their google accounts. Both are on Windows 10 though and not Macs but even in the Macs it shouldn't be doing that. But I wouldn't doubt Google doesn't care as they really want you using IMAP.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

wonderings

Quote from: Joe on January 10, 2018, 04:01:49 PMYes both users are using POP with their google accounts. Both are on Windows 10 though and not Macs but even in the Macs it shouldn't be doing that. But I wouldn't doubt Google doesn't care as they really want you using IMAP.

I use IMAP for my personal account with our company domain, definitely better but is not good if a bunch of people are using the same account. Seems to be resolved now with the simple fix in the rules so hopefully that is all I need to do with the account now.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: wonderings on January 10, 2018, 03:33:08 PMchanging "any" to "all" seems to have worked, thanks for that tip scottrsimons!

What am I - chopped liver?  :lmao:

Glad you got it fixed...
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

wonderings

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on January 10, 2018, 04:53:49 PM
Quote from: wonderings on January 10, 2018, 03:33:08 PMchanging "any" to "all" seems to have worked, thanks for that tip scottrsimons!

What am I - chopped liver?  :lmao:

Glad you got it fixed...

Sorry, missed yours and just saw the reply to you. A very extra big thanks to you!

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: wonderings on January 11, 2018, 07:00:09 AMSorry, missed yours and just saw the reply to you. A very extra big thanks to you!

:mademyday:  I like feeling useful/helpful again... I was really just giving you a hard time and didn't need any recognition - I'm just glad you got it sorted and working the way you want it.  Cheers.  :drunk:

David

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on January 10, 2018, 04:53:49 PMWhat am I - chopped liver?  :lmao:

why yes, you are chopped liver, and a nice pile of liver if I might add.

thankyouverymuch!

:lmao:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: david on January 11, 2018, 10:58:27 AMwhy yes, you are chopped liver, and a nice pile of liver if I might add.

thankyouverymuch!

:lmao:

A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.   :evil: