Warehouse Inventory System/Software

Started by jmaciag, August 02, 2019, 11:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmaciag

What warehouse inventory system/software does your company use?

We are wanting to invest in a better system and I guess they thought a Prepress guy might know.

Thanks for your participation.  :)
Mac OS 10.10.5 | Adobe CC 2015
Prinergy Connect 8 | Preps 8
Insite  Prepress Portal 8 | Screen 16000 VLF | Screen 36000ZX

swampymarsh

Does your company use a MIS/ERP system? Many MIS vendors have optional integrated stock/inventory management systems for both raw materials and finished items.

Slappy

Kind of what I was thinking, and is the OP looking to inventory working materials only (Plates, paper, inks, etc.) or also items stocked for clients that are maybe pre-printed & used for fulfillment? Our current MIS does the former, based of course on proper employee input.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

jmaciag

My understanding is they want to be able to scan a barcode, which would identify the product and then scan a location (bin or rack location) in the warehouse for work in progress material, finished products, and supplies. The thought would be a tow motor driver could look up any product on a tablet type screen and know exactly where it is located in the warehouse. Of course, management wants to be able know where everything is without leaving their desk...LOL
Mac OS 10.10.5 | Adobe CC 2015
Prinergy Connect 8 | Preps 8
Insite  Prepress Portal 8 | Screen 16000 VLF | Screen 36000ZX