Preps 6 Beta

Started by tapdn, June 29, 2009, 09:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tapdn

Anyone going to test it? I was just reading about the release and not sure I am too excited about the new features, but we don't do a lot of ganging- or sheetfed for that matter.
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Joe

My GOD...I hate trying to do anything on the Kodak eCentral web site. If I can get it downloaded I will probably give it a go at some point. I'm assuming since it is a whole number upgrade this won't be free when it goes final.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Well, I'm logged into eCentral. I'm at the Preps download page and there is no Preps 6 available to download.

I hate the eCentral web site! Worst corporate web site ever designed. And S-L-O-W as hell! :death:

tapdn

same here- still searching for Beta 6 and w-a-i-t-i-n-ggggggg for 5.3.3 to download.
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
~Farabomb

Joe

Did you ever find the Preps 6 download Tap? I can't even get to the download section now to see if it is there today.

Oops...finally got in. Still no Preps 6 in there though.

tapdn

Nope Joe... I gave up. Found the 5.3.3 though.
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

tapdn

Got an email from Kodak today with linky to Preps 6 Beta. Downloaded and installed on my Intel Mac, but not tried it yet.
(what did I do with that friggin product key password!!!)
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

Joe

Yeah, because of the massive problems with new eCentral users, they removed the restriction of legacy eCentral members not having access to the download. And after 5 days of trying they finally got my new eCentral login working. I could download it but I'm not going to. Prinergy install is a week and a half away so I don't feel like screwing around with it now.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on July 08, 2009, 09:38:15 AMI could download it but I'm not going to. Prinergy install is a week and a half away so I don't feel like screwing around with it now.

Wise words.      :laugh:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

tapdn

Don't have Prinergy. Been playing around with it most of the day. Completely new interface and way it works!
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

Joe

Quote from: tapdn on July 08, 2009, 01:40:03 PMDon't have Prinergy. Been playing around with it most of the day. Completely new interface and way it works!

Yes, it is completely different. Reminds me more of Dynastrip!!! :death:

I have gotten some training on it here this week. There is no need to make templates anymore. You tell it the number of pages and the folding pattern, plate size and all that good info and it creates everything on the fly for you. You can however use your existing templates if you desire but there is no longer a "template editor".

MKrazy

Creates layout on the fly? How are independent pages handled? No pretty pictures to look at?
I live by Murphy's Law - I'm sure he must have been in printing.

Joe

I'm in Rochester for Prinergy training this week and I didn't take any screen shots. Next week I will be trying to get it installed at work and maybe I can get some screen shots up. Or maybe tapdn can before then.

I'm not sure about independant pages. We didn't cover that at all and I've never used them in previous versions of Preps so I'm probably not the best person to ask about them.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on July 16, 2009, 09:49:03 PMYes, it is completely different. Reminds me more of Dynastrip!!! :death:

You mean, I might actually get it?    :laugh:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

tapdn

I'm home today so no screenshots. I am probably missing a lot with it's abilities, but so far I don't see the advantages for our workflow. May be needing more education (where's that pic of brains being blown out?)
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb