Rampage outputting to Creodak CTP?

Started by DCurry, June 03, 2008, 12:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Anybody running Rampage with a Creo/Kodak platesetter?

I currently have a Lotem 400, with files sent from Brisque. We are looking to upgrade our workflow (not the platesetter) and with Rampage (and others, I imagine) we would need to send 1-bit tiffs to the Brisque, then from the Brisque to the Lotem. This doesn't thrill me because Brisque won't be supported much longer and if it blows up, I'm stuck (plus, I'd rather just dump it). Rampage cannot interface directly with the Lotem.

Just curious to see how others might be handling a similar scenario.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

kermit

I don't have Scitex CTP but I do have Scitex Dolev still and I generate 1 bit tiff files in Rampage shooter and send them to Dolev through PSM board in blue Mac G3/350 running OS 9. PSM software ver 7.2. It's not the latest but I am only using it to send files to Dolev and not to rip/trap anymore. It works great and it way faster and easier than using Brisque. I still have Brisque Impose which I am using as a shelf.
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

JMC

You might also check to see if they have a Raster Blaster interface you can go through. I believe that is available through Xitron.