Whole of job corruption upstream?

Started by frailer, December 07, 2018, 03:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Recent upgrade (am at home, so can't access details). 1 year old Screen PlateRite.

Occasionally, when we have a plate error, and it's rectified, we have Fails showing up, so only maybe one of the seps is blacked-in for re-output (or continued output).
Sometime, in these situations, you'll get a "Unable to release Separations die to yada yada being Active".
No big deal, you wait till it's done, and then you can choose one of the other drop-down options, and output the others, or, re-render the side, and then select the missing colours for output.

My compadre today had a situation where none of the as-yet-unreleased sides would output. Ended up having to delete the whole job, and bring the PDF in again, set up the Templates/copy (we use SSTs, rather than whole job templates; it's more flexible). Clean slate... output the ones not yet run.

OK, it's resolvable, but messy.

Anyone have experience where a corruption after plate error seems to have actually corrupted the whole job?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

so this is an imagesetter issue and not XMF?

I have had XMF not link to the correct Hot Folder before, took me a bit to figure that out.

Slappy

I've only seen job Fail for reasons like timing out because the operator walked away mid-output and the platesetter got tired of waiting. It's a manual feed, so yeah. If I recall it just took a restart of the server to clear any hang-ups, never had to bring a job in from scratch.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

frailer

My compadre said he'd done all of that; restart everything in the chain, but ,... nup.
It seems to have been triggered by the prior plate output Errors.
I'll just wait and see if happens again, but not ideal.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.