Only took 30 years

Started by Grimace, October 15, 2018, 11:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimace

pspdfppdfxhd

Wow, that always was a pain in the ass..... better late than never!

Slappy

Can I step all the way back to when the client should have used InDesign instead of Photoshop, and then smack them in the face with a cold mackerel?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Possum

Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

AaronH

I thought you already could with Command+Shift+Z...
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

David

shhhh, don't tell anyone. It's a trade secret.

8)
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on October 15, 2018, 05:29:00 PMCan I step all the way back to when the client should have used InDesign instead of Photoshop, and then smack them in the face with a cold mackerel?

You jinxed me. I got a 64 page job today all done in Photoshop and supplied flattened .psd files. All black text was 4 color and was sitting on a crappy ghosted 4 color image. Customer approved it over my objections. Bang! Zoom! Away to plate and I don't give a damn!

Slappy

:lmao:

I'm laughing WITH you, just know that.  :hello:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

wonderings

Quote from: Joe on October 16, 2018, 04:01:50 PM
Quote from: Slappy on October 15, 2018, 05:29:00 PMCan I step all the way back to when the client should have used InDesign instead of Photoshop, and then smack them in the face with a cold mackerel?

You jinxed me. I got a 64 page job today all done in Photoshop and supplied flattened .psd files. All black text was 4 color and was sitting on a crappy ghosted 4 color image. Customer approved it over my objections. Bang! Zoom! Away to plate and I don't give a damn!

I never give that stuff much thought. We do what we can, we inform the customer of the issues and what they can expect if they approve for print. After that it is all their issue. We have them sign off proofs and we are done with it.

Joe

Which is what I did. But that won't be the end of it when they come back complaining about it.

Tracy

The thing is I find it hard to typeset in photoshop
64 pages? must be a photoshop guru or took em a lot of time

wonderings

Quote from: Tracy on October 17, 2018, 08:06:16 AMThe thing is I find it hard to typeset in photoshop

I bet they have a hacked version of Photoshop CS6 and that is it. When dealing with Photoshop files supplied by customers I will usually just hide the text layer and reset it in Indesign if I have to make changes. Can be quicker then fighting around Photoshop. Of course for 64 pages that is another story. Hopefully was not all in one photoshop page with each page on a different layer.

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on October 17, 2018, 08:06:16 AMThe thing is I find it hard to typeset in photoshop

Trust me it was no Photoshop guru. Photoshop gurus know that Photoshop is not a page layout application. They use it for retouching and correcting photos. Like it was designed for. ;D

Quote from: wonderings on October 17, 2018, 08:35:31 AMI bet they have a hacked version of Photoshop CS6 and that is it. When dealing with Photoshop files supplied by customers I will usually just hide the text layer and reset it in Indesign if I have to make changes. Can be quicker then fighting around Photoshop. Of course for 64 pages that is another story. Hopefully was not all in one photoshop page with each page on a different layer.

That is my guess too. It was 64 .psd files. Flattened .psd files.

:facepalm:

Possum

Quote from: Joe on October 17, 2018, 08:48:54 AM

Trust me it was no Photoshop guru. Photoshop gurus know that Photoshop is not a page layout application. They use it for retouching and correcting photos. Like it was designed for. ;D

Quote from: wonderings on October 17, 2018, 08:35:31 AMI bet they have a hacked version of Photoshop CS6 and that is it. When dealing with Photoshop files supplied by customers I will usually just hide the text layer and reset it in Indesign if I have to make changes. Can be quicker then fighting around Photoshop. Of course for 64 pages that is another story. Hopefully was not all in one photoshop page with each page on a different layer.

That is my guess too. It was 64 .psd files. Flattened .psd files.

:facepalm:

And I bet they were very proud of it.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.