Anyone got a CMYK colour chart

Started by Exploded, October 24, 2008, 07:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exploded

I want to print off a CMYK colour chart from our offset presses. Has anyone got one handy that they can send my way?

Something similar to this with percentage combos

I remember all my old workplaces had them.

tapdn

I will have a look-see monday. Sure we have them on film from the olden daze, but not sure we have them in digital format.
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

David

we got one.
We make them from our proofers so we can see what we get for certain colors.
I'll have to look around on Monday to see where it's at.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Repro Man

Oooh! Can I have one too?

I've been working on a large poster showing how various resolutions compare, text sizes, raster vs vector, rich Blacks etc... Elements of a CMYK colour chart would be useful too!

Much appreciated if anyone has one to hand.

Cheers...
F*@k it!! I'll do it for free then!! Bloody salesmen...

David

okay, found them, anyone needing one, send me a PM (include your email) and I'll pop one out to you.
Livin' la Vida Loca

David

for those of you I sent them to:
We originally had the black output to a film positive so it could be placed on top of the 3-color swatches.
It consists of three files, one for the cmy swatches (24 pages total) and 1 each of black with the scales either running top to bottom or left to right.
If you need more help or info, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on October 27, 2008, 09:49:44 AMfor those of you I sent them to:
We originally had the black output to a film positive so it could be placed on top of the 3-color swatches.
It consists of three files, one for the cmy swatches (24 pages total) and 1 each of black with the scales either running top to bottom or left to right.
If you need more help or info, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the files Dave.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

no problemo,

glad the ole pirate has still got something to give away, 'cept for maybe a few old eypatches and a coupla wooden legs...
Livin' la Vida Loca

Stiv

Quote from: Exploded on October 24, 2008, 07:26:05 PMI want to print off a CMYK colour chart from our offset presses. Has anyone got one handy that they can send my way?

I just ran across one at <http://www.fho-emden.de/~hoffmann/index.html>

Go to the links section and scroll down. This site is fascinating. We got to get this guy to sign up.

mike s

yes i have a 70 page cmyk chart. 6 pages of the two-color chart pages, 21 pages of CMY (no k), and 21 pages of CMY with 10%k, and 21 pages of CMY with 20%k
the chart has 400 swatches per page (increments of 5%). it took hours i cannot count....but the result is great...i couldnt find a good one anywhere so i figured....what hell
i am asking $30 (get something back for all that time!)for the file in 3 different setups.....6 up,3 up, 1 up.....and i will also include a beautiful 2800 swatch RGB chart(rgb values under each swatch.
to view the charts and download free samples stc. please go to http://motionpicturesigns.com
if you just need a copy of the pantone bridge colorchart , i will send it off free no sweat....and i have the older pantone PC chart too
cheers! Mike Shoring

mike s

i have these http://motionpicturesigns.com/index_files/colorchartsforsale.htm
70 page..28,000 swatch CMYK chart, 2800 swatch RGB chart, and (2 free pantone charts (their charts))