Automated Prepress Traffic?!

Started by Exploded, March 04, 2010, 03:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exploded

Hello ppl,

I run a fairly busy prepress department and I am in charge of piping the work through. At the moment I process around 50 jobs a day. I use the traditional email proof off and then wait for the reply then push the files through the right cue. To me it seems like a process that could be automated. Does anyone have any suggestions? The only thing I think might do it is enfocus switch but I don't know enough about the product..

beermonster

matt can help you MATT!!! where are ya man?
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

mattbeals

Switch can definitely do this. You can even have customers be sent a proof, have them reply to it with something like "approved" and Switch can release the job to the next step in the process.

I've got five clients right now looking at adding FullSwitch and PowerSwitch along with pdfToolbox and/or Quite Hot Imposing. Some are digital printers, some are offset printers, some do both.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Exploded

Ok I am going to give the trial a go. Do you know how much the full switch is?

mattbeals

$4,200 USD. Shoot me an email with your contact info and I can show you around Switch.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.