1st Refine or imposed PDF's all low res previews?

Started by RMPrepress, April 11, 2017, 04:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RMPrepress

So here is a bizarre thing we have happening with Prinergy 8 and Acrobat XI.Viewing PDF's that have run through a 1st refine or run through Workshop in any way show all images as low res but....
It only first happened on one of our Mac Pros shortly after the new install of Prinergy 8.
Two weeks ago it started happening on another Mac Pro and then yesterday it started on another workstation.
We still have two other Mac's that do not have the problem...yet anyway.
A PDF can be opened on one Mac and look as it should, that same PDF can be opened on another Mac and all the images show as low res.  All the Acrobat preferences are setup the same.
Talked to Kodak about this 6 weeks ago and the said it was not related to Prinergy.  At the time I thought maybe they were right and it was just something was up on that Mac. 
Know I think they may be mistaken...anyone having anything like this happening?
All 6 of our Mac Pro's are setup identically...OS 10.11.6, Acrobat 11.0.19, Pitstop Pro 13.2 and have the Kodak plug ins for Acrobat.
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 10.0 and Kodak Proofing System 10.1
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP

Joe

Still on Prinergy 7.5 here so haven't seen anything like that. If you output those PDF's how does the output look? Low res also? I ask because I wonder if it is just a display issue in Acrobat XI. Have you tried viewing those PDF's in Acrobat DC?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

From my very brief and limited exposure to Prinergy, my understanding is that with each upgrade, everything breaks and has to be reset. You'll probably have to go back through and rebuild your preview preferences in the engine.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on April 11, 2017, 04:57:58 PMFrom my very brief and limited exposure to Prinergy, my understanding is that with each upgrade, everything breaks and has to be reset. You'll probably have to go back through and rebuild your preview preferences in the engine.

Is that next to the flux capacitor?

mattbeals

Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Farabomb

Kodak will not accept blame on anything. They changed the emulsion on the sword plates and swore up and down it was the same plate. A month of hell later they admitted it after many, many wasted hours trying to fix a problem they created.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: mattbeals on April 11, 2017, 11:33:42 PMAlternate images in the PDF I suspect.

That actually could be it. The trapper in Prinergy will at times put a low res image on top of the high res image however you usually can't tell the difference by viewing it as it is a transparent nchannel image that just contains the trap info around the image but if you select it with Pitstop it is low res. And you can't open it in Photoshop since it is an channel image but if you want to see what it looks like convert it to CMYK and open it in Photoshop. But this doesn't affect the output. You still get the high res output.

RMPrepress

Thanks for all the replies!
The weird thing is how it just all the sudden started happening...
There are brief times when the views are fine.  I cant find any rhyme or reason to it though.
Remember it is also happening after the 1st Refine...no trapping has been done yet at that point.

Joe

You don't trap on the 1st refine? Not that it is wrong but we only refine files once and do everything on that one refine.

Can you post an example file to see what it looks like?

RMPrepress

The cause of this issue was resolved about a week after this post.

It was an accidental setting i clicked on while setting up view settings in Pitstop Pro Workspace panel.
We use this and it is very handy.  So that when Acrobat launches rulers are already turned on, cursor coordinates, Inspector and a few other settings are all there for you.

:facepalm:     thanks for the help anyway.