Real World Illustrator

Started by frailer, September 11, 2007, 06:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

just a prompt for people to subscribe to this, if they're interested.

http://rwillustrator.blogspot.com

Mordy Golding's "thing". There's a good archive available.

The emails aren't all that frequent.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

I bought one of Morty's AI manuals a few years ago when I was learning Illy. One of the "Learn in 24 Hours" series...which took me more like 24 days because I did one chapter every evening. I''d like to read his blog to see if there's anything about dealing with transparency.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

Probably shoulda Stickied this before... :D. It's "Sticky" moment has certainly arrived now.  ;D
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

Mordy's rundown on Illy CS4.

http://rwillustrator.blogspot.com/2008/09/illustrator-cs4-facts.html

...and Separations Preview.    :grin:

almaink

Great read frailer. To bad Sep preview is so bare bones. I wonder why they couldn't have included one like in Acrobat and InDesign, including an ink manager.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Lukas

If we all tell adobe we need the ink magnager it will pop up there, in some version ;P

frailer

hotmetal

How about this great feature:

Drag Images from Web Browser directly into Document. If you've ever tried to drag an image directly from a web browser like Safari into Illustrator, you've experienced the frustration that many others face. Illustrator CS4 finally addresses this issue and you can now blissfully drag images directly into AI from your favorite browser.

Whoo hooo! Utter bliss!
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on October 27, 2008, 02:01:51 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 27, 2008, 01:58:02 PMGoddamit. WHYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

Betcha Freehand can't do that! :tongue:

THANK CHRIST! I built a calendar for a local radio station in Freehand this weekend, BLISS, absolute BLISS! I miss it so.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Quote from: hotmetal on October 27, 2008, 01:57:04 PMHow about this great feature:

Drag Images from Web Browser directly into Document. If you've ever tried to drag an image directly from a web browser like Safari into Illustrator, you've experienced the frustration that many others face. Illustrator CS4 finally addresses this issue and you can now blissfully drag images directly into AI from your favorite browser.

Whoo hooo! Utter bliss!

So Adobe is actually regressing and going all PAP-style now? WTF would they add this "feature". Anti-prepress?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

all-righty!

we finally have the answer to "where did you get that low res image?"
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Probably the number 1 requested feature...by designers. :death:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Adobe hates Prepress. For the love of Joe, why do they forsake us so.... THERE IS NOOOO GOD!

Desingers all over the globe are dancing on our corpses! It's like the final scene in Return of The Jedi!

This is why JDF and full automation will NEVER work! T'anks Adobe! Must be taking lessons from Quark.
Member #285 - Civilian