Apple - FedEx Piracy

Started by Ear, August 03, 2010, 01:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

Just got off the phone with my Dad. He ordered a new Mac Laptop a couple days ago. FedEx showed up this morning and Dad thought the box felt a little light. He made the driver stand there while he opened the box, only to find a box full of paper and FedEx envelopes, no computer. Fucking jacked in-transit.

I'm sure he'll get it straightened out but he's super pissed right now.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

WOW....good thing he opened it before the guy left.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

No shit, huh! I know I usually don't... might have to start making a point of it.  :undecided:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

I don't either but I think I may start now.

David

Quote from: Earendil on August 03, 2010, 01:04:41 PM...Dad ordered a new Mac Laptop a couple days ago. ...only to find a box full of paper and FedEx envelopes...

the new macs are awesome, so lightweight and tiny...  hard to find in a box, for sure

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sorry, it's not funny to be ripped off, especially when it's a shiny new mac
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Ear

It is kinda funny that they thought a few overnight envelopes would be as heavy as a computer... my old man could tell something wasn't right, and he's old!  :laugh:

Joe

Quote from: Earendil on August 03, 2010, 02:24:49 PMIt is kinda funny that they thought a few overnight envelopes would be as heavy as a computer... my old man could tell something wasn't right, and he's old!  :laugh:

Hey if it wasn't for us "old" people then you people would be the "old" people.

Ear

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on August 03, 2010, 02:45:45 PM
Quote from: Earendil on August 03, 2010, 02:24:49 PMIt is kinda funny that they thought a few overnight envelopes would be as heavy as a computer... my old man could tell something wasn't right, and he's old!  :laugh:

Except we aren't the old people, because you are the old people. You had your chance, now you are old and can't make fun of old people and it... irritates you. A sign of being old. :laugh:

Damn, Ear... that's hardcore. Damn good thing he checked.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 03, 2010, 02:55:23 PM

Except we aren't the old people, because you are the old people. You had your chance, now you are old and can't make fun of old people and it... irritates you. A sign of being old. :laugh:

What? You loon, if all the "old" people were to die the next age group then becomes the oldest...hence old people. Give me anymore crap and I'm going to stick a potato in the tail pipe of the batmobile.

Joe

Quote from: Earendil on August 03, 2010, 02:49:16 PM:mom:

Mom needed a 2 minute activity to fill her day at the home anyway.

frailer

Quote from: Earendil on August 03, 2010, 02:24:49 PM... and he's old!  :laugh:
How old?  :angry:  Just watch it, Sonny Jim!   :punchy:

But seriously, did he get the driver's van No., name etc. Follow through with immediate phone calls. It would be interesting to know what the driver's reaction was. Surprise? Feigned surprise?   :undecided:  Would love to know what washes up for him, beyond the delivery of an actual Mac, accompanied by 2 armed Wells Fargo guards.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on August 03, 2010, 03:09:20 PM

What? You loon, if all the "old" people were to die the next age group then becomes the oldest...hence old people. Give me anymore crap and I'm going to stick a potato in the tail pipe of the batmobile.

I hate to say it in these words, but the old people ARE gonna die Joe. I'm sorry to have to tell you that, Old Timer. :cry:
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on August 03, 2010, 02:45:45 PMHey if it wasn't for us "old" people then you people would be the "old" people.

YOU people? :afro:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 03, 2010, 03:15:05 PM
Quote from: Joe on August 03, 2010, 03:09:20 PM

I hate to say it in these words, but the old people ARE gonna die Joe. I'm sorry to have to tell you that, Old Timer. :cry:

Yes, I know...and then you know who will be called "old"? Hint...look in the mirror. You time is coming Junior.