What is a proficient AI user?

Started by Syphon, January 18, 2022, 09:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syphon

I hope someone give me an idea of what a proficient AI user is and does.

I received a message on Twitter from a company looking to see if I am still looking for some part-time work.
They need a "proficient AI user" to make research charts "using their templates, data and style guide."

I'm afraid that is outside my experience and/or skills.
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

David

I would assume they mean an Illustrator user.

If so, looks like the grunt work is done, all you would need to do is flow data (copy & paste or data merge) into a predetermined template.

could be easy, or hard, it's a crap shoot from the description.

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DCurry

Probably need to know how to use Illustrator's pie charts and bar graph features. They can get pretty complex.

I find that people who post job descriptions are often listing the qualifications of their ideal unicorn candidate, who usually does not exist. Once they learn that person does not exist or isn't responding to their ad, they might give you a chance if you are honest about your ability but show a willingness to learn and improve.

And there's only 1 way to gain experience!
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

pro·fi·cient

/prəˈfiSHənt/

adjective

adjective: proficient

competent or skilled in doing or using something.

"I was proficient at my job"
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Foozball

Proficient User ... I HAVE dodged that one in a few interviews.
I'd just state that I'm a good EDITOR, but not a CREATOR - these were prepress jobs I applied for so not a big deal ... I think that goes for a lot of us in Prepress.

Syphon

Well the job fell through.
They wanted someone experienced in Illustrator but they wanted that person to have experience in creating pie charts etc with some understanding of the data.
Oh well!
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

Skryber

Quote from: Syphon on January 19, 2022, 08:59:25 AM
Well the job fell through.
They wanted someone experienced in Illustrator but they wanted that person to have experience in creating pie charts etc with some understanding of the data.
Oh well!

I have to do that once in awhile for annual reports. You can make some very cool charts in Illy. I learned with videos I found on the web and just playing around with it. Check it out sometime when you're bored.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Designia(o_O)

Yea, I agree. They can be kinda fun.