Replaced toner cartridge in Epson Stylus Pro 9880 - still says it's out of ink!

Started by JCPenfold, February 04, 2013, 12:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

careful with wiping the chip, it's real easy to damage it, especially with any cleaners.

not that I would know, but...   history speaking here
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

frailer

Quote from: JCPenfold on February 04, 2013, 02:00:54 PMI tried cleaning the chip, and it seems to have worked!! Thank you all!!

So... you're feeling quite, er, chipper, right now.   :undecided:  :badoldmanjoke:

OH, BTW, I went into a very similar tanty/meltdown when it happened to me. Effin' 'n blindin' all over the place.   :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

JCPenfold

I'm dancing a jig as I print out the renovation plans my boss wanted - really didn't want to tell him he was going to have to wait a couple more days  :banana:

frailer

Oh right. Even more important than a plain old customer-desperate production job. I can see why you were in meltdown.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

JCPenfold

frailer

David

Quote from: JCPenfold on February 04, 2013, 02:23:36 PMexactly  the general manager is waiting for these  :whip:

you sound so excited!

I always get excited when they throw names around to get me to do something "faster"...     :shoots_self:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

frailer

If you use those older cartridges, JCP, give them some gentle agitation by rocking back and forth a bit, prior to using. Theory being that they've been sitting for a long time, and there may be some separating out of constituents. I think those inks are in some sort of colloidal suspension.   :undecided:
Beyond that, they're all sealed up, anyway.

Farabomb

Quote from: Earendil on February 04, 2013, 01:52:50 PMI agree about the chip. I have had success with a gentle wipe on the chip. My HP 5500 is a pain about the chips on the printheads. Only had it happen once on the Epson.

I've never had good luck with HP heads. Quite temperamental but then again I wouldn't follow HP's recommended changing schedule.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job