Epson 9800 prints double image (intermittent)

Started by DCurry, August 01, 2013, 08:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Anyone seen an issue like this - my Epson 9800 prints a "double" image every now and then. The second "ghost" image is ever-so-slightly lighter in color and is offset from the original by about 1/32".

It goes away temporarily by doing a standard cleaning cycle, but then it happens again later. It is intermittent - can't pin it down to any particular environmental state like humidity or temperature, or to any particular time like first thing in the morning or after it sat for awhile.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

DigiCorn

I've "sort of" seen that on the 10600 when Decision 1 fucked it up. The black head was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of alignment, and it never did get fixed.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway