Dynastrip 4.6 editing Sidelays

Started by gumbylives, February 26, 2008, 06:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gumbylives

Hi,
I am trying to figure out how to edit the length and thickness of the lines in the (marks,sidelay.lmp) file. I tried opening it up in text editor and changing the attributes to make the line thickness thinner and longer, but when I save it. Close Dynastrip and then open it again it doesn't change anything.
Is this an impossible task?
Any help would be appreciated...
cheers
Gumby

frailer

Hi gumby. Am relatively new to Dyna myself; am at home now, shall have a look tomorrow~see if I can make it work/replicate your problem. Am having my own "issues" at the moment with it, though overall it's a powerful impo tool. Just odd flakiness at times...[see other posts here].
My problem at the moment is Text Tags "getting in each others' way", taking on each others' identities... :rolleyes:

Am looking at some Prefs dumps or similar tomorrow to try and fix it. First thing to try anyway.

BTW, you just reminded me to remember to get those Gumby DVDs. Was planning to watch them with my 21 year old daughter. Nostalgia!  :smiley:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Sorry gumby, no joy here. Out of my current ability level. Couldn't see the .lmp file you referred to; in my list of ancilliary files.
Maybe log a tech query to Dynagram. Worth a go. Wouldn't mind doing it myself, if you want. Let me know. There may also be other Dyna users here who may be able to help.
My personal theory is that the Blockheads have got in and corrupted the code. Just my theory. Beware!   :evil:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

gumbylives

I like your blockheads avatar!
Yeah I don't think there is much one can play with within Dynastrip other than following their menu system. maybe someone will eventually figure it out and let me know.
cheerios
Gumby

frailer

No worries...the Dyna mystery continues to unravel for me. Am now familiar with .lmp files, at least, after creating an Imported Mark in Illy, and then placing in a library. A .lmp shows up in that scenario. Maybe time to delve back into the Manual, though detail like that is not always explained in manuals.  :huh:

DigitalCrapShoveler

*Warning: Off The Subject*

Frailer, have you ever heard of a couple of New Zealanders who tear down and replace presses, I think they work freelance for Bob Warner, a used press dealer. I was thinking about them the other day, and thought of you. These guys drank like fish, rougher than leather and washed their cuts in type wash. I can't remember their names exactly, but I do remember one of them was brother to Paul Hogan's first wife.
Member #285 - Civilian

frailer

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on March 05, 2008, 01:36:28 PM*Warning: Off The Subject*

Frailer, have you ever heard of a couple of New Zealanders who tear down and replace presses, I think they work freelance for Bob Warner, a used press dealer. I was thinking about them the other day, and thought of you. These guys drank like fish, rougher than leather and washed their cuts in type wash. I can't remember their names exactly, but I do remember one of them was brother to Paul Hogan's first wife.

Nope. Though I know/have known plenty of kiwis. They're rarely dull and boring; the two you describe would fit a certain kind of kiwi mould, for sure.  :cheesy: