Anyone printing Staccato with Kodak Sword plates?

Started by Aaron, February 14, 2008, 02:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

Can't seem to find anyone that can give me their opinion...
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Joe

I use 'em...

Negative process. Watch out for dirt and bad vacuum. Got to keep the drum clean and sucking. Processor and chemistry is easy. We don't do staccato though.

I swear we had this conversation already...
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Aaron

Yah you said you used them but don't run staccato. I hear Staccato and Sword plates don't mix. (processor problems, Press issues, etc.)

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

ninjaPB_43

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Aaron

Thanks Ninja. That thread describes exactly what I've heard. Except the "new" Sword plate that is fresh out of beta is suppose the solve a lot of those issues. Was wondering if anyone was using the "new" sword plate and printing staccato.

And while I'm asking questions, why would a plate take 2 years in beta??? The new sword plate was in beta for 2 years!! So they tell me...

ninjaPB_43

Sorry Aaron, that's all I know about that setup, Im using Fuji plates..     
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

LRob

Aaron, we use sword plates and print Staccato. They print real sharp and seem to not hold the highlights. We have had Kodak reps. at our place for 3 months now and can't seem to find the problem. They just keep bringing more people in that can't fix the problem. We are looking at switching to fuji eventhou they are more expensive.

Aaron

huh. So it's sharp other then the fact it can't hold the highlights...

Are you using the new Ultra Grain or the regular Grain?

LRob

Yea too sharp. Any fine detail starts to brake up.We tried bolth grains and got the same issues. Newest solution from Kodak is the emoltion is not fully cured. We use the P45 plate. They also told us that we are the only company having this problem. hummmm! :huh: hope this helps.

Aaron

very interesting... What press are you running these plates on out of curiousity.