News:

Main Menu

Prinergy LPV

Started by PrepressPrincess, November 18, 2008, 01:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrepressPrincess

Hello everybody!  I'm back after my couple of weeks of hell.  Leave it to this place to upgrade during our busiest time of the year.  I was going to stop by and lay down a rant or two last week, but I would've filled that space up fast due to all the BS I had to deal with last week.  Anway, yep, I'm here for a reason.  I'm working on this LPV as before my company would never put out the money for it, now they are willing but I have to prove to them that it can/will work for us on a temp license first so time is of the essence.  My question is when I set up to link refined pages etc, go and impose the job (2 different bases btw) under seperations it names the bases as whatever version it's for.  Instead of say ABase it's called a083, a323, a8000.  WTH?  I just want it to say ABase or BBase and that is what I named them in my version plan.  Hopefully this makes sense to somebody out there.  DCS, I'm looking in your direction!  Can anyone help me?  I always say "Thank You"   ha ha!
Anything interesting happen in my absence?  As I'm sure I was missed by all.  Yeah, that's suppose to be funny as none of you know that much about me anyway....Enjoy your day!

DigitalCrapShoveler

Sorry Princess, I have not a clue what you are talking about. I worked on Scitex equipment several years ago, but never Prinergy... if I was there with you, I could figure it out, but over the net? I will be of very little help... sorry.

Good to hear from you though... like the tunes?

Edited: Typo
Member #285 - Civilian

PrepressPrincess

Ahh, you can't blame a girl for trying.  You just usually always seem to know the answers to my problems.  Well, now I got problems, but that's another story, ha ha!  Tunes are Awesome!  Really helped me out last week when I needed it most.  I haven't forgotten about you though!  (sidenote: People, I am talking about sending him music!)   Just been busy.  When I'm not busy here, I'm busy at home working on some pics as I just photographed a wedding a couple of week's ago.  And then, of-course, one has to give oneself plenty of bar/beer time!

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: PrepressPrincess on November 18, 2008, 01:23:59 PMAhh, you can't blame a girl for trying.  You just usually always seem to know the answers to my problems.  Well, now I got problems, but that's another story, ha ha!  Tunes are Awesome!  Really helped me out last week when I needed it most.  I haven't forgotten about you though!  (sidenote: People, I am talking about sending him music!)   Just been busy.  When I'm not busy here, I'm busy at home working on some pics as I just photographed a wedding a couple of week's ago.  And then, of-course, one has to give oneself plenty of bar/beer time!

Sound busy... that's a good thing, yeah? If your bosses decide to go AGFA instead of Kodak, I can help you. My knowledge of Scitex crap is fading everyday and I have NEVER worked with Prinergy. I think Born and G_Town do, what do you say fellas?
Member #285 - Civilian

born2print

I am familiar with LPV (Layered PDF Versioning,) but we didn't buy that license so I'm afraid I can't try to figure out this issue.
However, I do happen to know that Kodak has recently admitted a known bug with LPV:
EXPORTED job when IMPORTED at another shop may have issues such as wrong amount of separations... and other random issues and they are "working on solutions." Good luck Princess.

Edit: Sorry I took so long to respond DCS  :wink:
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

PrepressPrincess

Well, thanks anyway, friends!  Perhaps I need to fasten my safety belt and call Kodak.  Ugh!  I dread that!  I always try to go here first now.  Born, any reason you decided not to get LPV?  I'm trying to decide which is faster/better LPV or just creating a whole bunch of version impositions.  Seems like it might be around the same amount of time.  Unless of course I automate it.  That's my next project APA / Rules based automation.
Now THAT one I'm going to need some luck with!  But I don't want to automate things too much around here, if you can catch my drift!  Sometimes I really enjoy being the only one who really knows what's going on around here! 

born2print

Wasn't my decision, and I really can't complain as we did invest in a robust setup and have a lot of features. I think the way the industry is going, we may add it someday but for now we don't do any VDP or PURL type of work. My opinion is using the tools is prolly faster than work-arounds and may have the benefit of being safer too.
RBA is cool, start with something straight-forward, archiving is a popular choice for getting your feet wet.
So I'll be here with my LPV questions for you then :cheesy:
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

PrepressPrincess

quid pro quo!  sounds good to me!