Does the current crisis affect your company?

Started by Laurens, January 12, 2009, 03:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelle

Quote from: gnubler on February 13, 2009, 09:53:59 PM
Quote from: Chelle on February 13, 2009, 08:33:14 PM
Quote from: Joe on February 13, 2009, 11:39:24 AM
Quote from: Chelle on February 13, 2009, 11:24:08 AM
Quote from: gnubler on February 13, 2009, 10:38:43 AM
Quote from: Chelle on February 13, 2009, 05:22:06 AMOops. I WAS drinking when I read his post. :laugh:

Careful. Drinking and posting don't mix. I learned the hard way after once posting a penis pic late one night and coming back to utter mayhem the next morning totally forgetting what I had done.
Now THAT would be funny! :laugh:

No, actually it would not be.  :tongue:
OK - fine. I'll be sure to drunk post boobs for the guys. :wink:

I tried that, but nobody noticed. They thought they were looking at my back.
Wow. They really ARE like that pic you posted of the nerdy guy in the basement. :laugh:
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

G_Town

In the interest of keeping that forum clean all that feel the need to post boobs may PM them to me.

This does not mean you PB :tongue:

G_Town

Quote from: LRob on February 15, 2009, 12:43:27 PMGot some coming at ya G

You keep them sweater puppies of yours to yourself pal :tongue: :puke2:

Stiv

Meeting over. Seven percent cut across the board. Ouch. :death:

I was that or six employees. Yeah, like they are going to cut six managers. Go ahead and cut six production employees and let the managers step in. Then you'll see the deadwood rise to the top.

I hate the "It hurts me as much as it hurts you." B.S.

Joe

Quote from: Stiv on February 27, 2009, 05:04:21 PMMeeting over. Seven percent cut across the board. Ouch. :death:

I was that or six employees. Yeah, like they are going to cut six managers. Go ahead and cut six production employees and let the managers step in. Then you'll see the deadwood rise to the top.

I hate the "It hurts me as much as it hurts you." B.S.

That sucks and I'm not even going to say it's better than no job at all....cuz it still sucks!  :sad:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Quote from: Stiv on February 27, 2009, 05:04:21 PMI hate the "It hurts me as much as it hurts you." B.S.

It sounds just like something Bill Lumberg would say.

Be grateful, Stiv - at least you still have something. I work for a newspaper. Clock's ticking.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

G_Town

Quote from: gnubler on February 27, 2009, 09:31:17 PM
Quote from: Stiv on February 27, 2009, 05:04:21 PMI hate the "It hurts me as much as it hurts you." B.S.

It sounds just like something Bill Lumberg would say.

Be grateful, Stiv - at least you still have something. I work for a newspaper. Clock's ticking.

But don't they have to print all the terrible news about the economy or is that just left up to the tv networks?

gnubler

I should rephrase that: I work for a weekly publication. All ads, no news. It's still doomed because of our online version of the publication, not to mention craigslist, which has grown phenomenally during the 2 years since I moved here.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

G_Town

Quote from: gnubler on February 28, 2009, 07:19:56 PMI should rephrase that: I work for a weekly publication. All ads, no news. It's still doomed because of our online version of the publication, not to mention craigslist, which has grown phenomenally during the 2 years since I moved here.
dude get into packaging its still safe until they get the whole matter transportation thing down then we are screwed.

gnubler

Quote from: G_Town on February 28, 2009, 08:25:31 PM
Quote from: gnubler on February 28, 2009, 07:19:56 PMI should rephrase that: I work for a weekly publication. All ads, no news. It's still doomed because of our online version of the publication, not to mention craigslist, which has grown phenomenally during the 2 years since I moved here.
dude get into packaging its still safe until they get the whole matter transportation thing down then we are screwed.

I have no idea what you just said, but I'm already expanding my horizons. I foresee a future in seed harvesting & storage and cultivating a potato farm. In five years, I hope to be out of printing for good.

G_Town

Quote from: gnubler on February 28, 2009, 11:47:56 PM
Quote from: G_Town on February 28, 2009, 08:25:31 PM

I have no idea what you just said, but I'm already expanding my horizons. I foresee a future in seed harvesting & storage and cultivating a potato farm. In five years, I hope to be out of printing for good.

Nothing just drunk posting.

carry on.

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?

PrepressPrincess

I see this conversation had started about 2 months ago, but I just caught it today.  I wanted to make a statement here, but decided to wait until I got home and say it just in case big brother is watching / listening.  Anyway, my company decided to make all these fancy prinergy upgrades with has so many new features - blah blah blah.  Long story short, the company refuses to pay anyone for training and it fell on me to sit and figure some stuff out.  Well, you know what?  You can bet your ass there are a few features that all in all could save the company a little bit of money and time.  But you know what?  I am the only one in that entire company that knows it.  Management is too busy with their heads in their asses to really actually learn anything so I CHOOSE NOT TO TELL THEM!  Know why?  I happen to really like the people I work with.  We are like family.  Faster/Better features = less employees.  I don't think I would get any special treatment or even a fricking raise for taking all this time to figure it out cause they're too cheap to hire a trainer.  So, Screw Em I Say!  Well, change "screw" to one big fat "F-Bomb".  I will keep all this fancy new knowledge to myself!  We haven't had any layoffs yet and I'm going to see to it that all of us are ALWAYS needed.  Even if it takes a little bit longer to get something to press.  Honestly, they would never know the difference!  ****Side note- I love this new look!  You people ROCK!

youston

Quote from: PrepressPrincess on March 03, 2009, 05:41:45 PMI see this conversation had started about 2 months ago, but I just caught it today.  I wanted to make a statement here, but decided to wait until I got home and say it just in case big brother is watching / listening.  Anyway, my company decided to make all these fancy prinergy upgrades with has so many new features - blah blah blah.  Long story short, the company refuses to pay anyone for training and it fell on me to sit and figure some stuff out.  Well, you know what?  You can bet your ass there are a few features that all in all could save the company a little bit of money and time.  But you know what?  I am the only one in that entire company that knows it.  Management is too busy with their heads in their asses to really actually learn anything so I CHOOSE NOT TO TELL THEM!  Know why?  I happen to really like the people I work with.  We are like family.  Faster/Better features = less employees.  I don't think I would get any special treatment or even a fricking raise for taking all this time to figure it out cause they're too cheap to hire a trainer.  So, Screw Em I Say!  Well, change "screw" to one big fat "F-Bomb".  I will keep all this fancy new knowledge to myself!  We haven't had any layoffs yet and I'm going to see to it that all of us are ALWAYS needed.  Even if it takes a little bit longer to get something to press.  Honestly, they would never know the difference!  ****Side note- I love this new look!  You people ROCK!

Why does this story sound familiar ... hmmm ... OH! I remember! It's only the STORY OF MY LIFE!! :angry: My company spent 4 times the cost of a training class for me to sit in an office for a period of time and figure something out. When I pointed this out, I got the blankest stare ....

hotmetal

Quote from: youston on March 03, 2009, 05:48:01 PM
Quote from: PrepressPrincess on March 03, 2009, 05:41:45 PMI see this conversation had started about 2 months ago, but I just caught it today.  I wanted to make a statement here, but decided to wait until I got home and say it just in case big brother is watching / listening.  Anyway, my company decided to make all these fancy prinergy upgrades with has so many new features - blah blah blah.  Long story short, the company refuses to pay anyone for training and it fell on me to sit and figure some stuff out.  Well, you know what?  You can bet your ass there are a few features that all in all could save the company a little bit of money and time.  But you know what?  I am the only one in that entire company that knows it.  Management is too busy with their heads in their asses to really actually learn anything so I CHOOSE NOT TO TELL THEM!  Know why?  I happen to really like the people I work with.  We are like family.  Faster/Better features = less employees.  I don't think I would get any special treatment or even a fricking raise for taking all this time to figure it out cause they're too cheap to hire a trainer.  So, Screw Em I Say!  Well, change "screw" to one big fat "F-Bomb".  I will keep all this fancy new knowledge to myself!  We haven't had any layoffs yet and I'm going to see to it that all of us are ALWAYS needed.  Even if it takes a little bit longer to get something to press.  Honestly, they would never know the difference!  ****Side note- I love this new look!  You people ROCK!

Why does this story sound familiar ... hmmm ... OH! I remember! It's only the STORY OF MY LIFE!! :angry: My company spent 4 times the cost of a training class for me to sit in an office for a period of time and figure something out. When I pointed this out, I got the blankest stare ....

Like deer in the headlights.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson