(Free) online resources for digital print op.

Started by frailer, January 23, 2012, 04:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Even LyndaDOTcom doesn't seem to have anything much. Out here it's pretty much sign up for a TAFE course (state gov. trade training org.). Have to admit, if I was thrown in to one of these shops I would be going under and coming up for air a few times.
My casual/relief young compadre here has got himself a F/T job in digital. He seems unfussed about it. But then 20-somethings seem unfussed about everything.   :shrug:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

boosted29

I am 20 something and am concerned about a lot! :)

But I usually recommend lynda to the uninformed, but not much on there for free. I used Lynda with a combination of forums like this to learn prepress. I learned Graphic Design but love printing so had to teach myself prepress online.

Yeah young and dumb right? hahaha
Quote from: gnubler on October 22, 2010, 12:54:19 PM
It's called "prepress". :laugh:

99% of the population doesn't even know we exist or are aware of the work that goes into printing their crap.

frailer

Hey, you're in a different ballpark to my compadre...   :laugh:  You sound M for motivated. I was thinking more along the lines of specifically preparing, sending, and outputting files to digital presses. But I guess they're all different, and pretty much vendor owners manual sorta stuff.  :undecided:
Unless I've missed them, not even paid-for stuff on Lyndadotcom covering those areas.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Slappy

QuoteI was thinking more along the lines of specifically preparing, sending, and outputting files to digital presses. But I guess they're all different, and pretty much vendor owners manual sorta stuff.
That, or many shops have little differences in the way they prefer stuff. I've seen some very generic types of guides targeted towards new designers but nothing is deep enough in detail that it would do much good for true pros like us!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.