News:

Main Menu

QR codes

Started by Laurens, November 22, 2009, 10:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

He was pretty hot until I looked him up recently and discovered he looked "old". Doomed. I'd still hit, though.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: gnubler on May 06, 2011, 08:59:22 PMHe was pretty hot until I looked him up recently and discovered he looked "old". Doomed. I'd still hit, though.
Complete with stripy socks?
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Thanks guys, you cursed me. I've been reading through this thread thinking I'm glad I don't have to worry about this. Flipping through the pages of my first job of the day and there one is.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Ya, it's coming. Not thrilled.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Quote from: gnubler on May 09, 2011, 08:29:34 AMYa, it's coming. Not thrilled.
We're putting them on our next round of business cards.  :banghead:
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Why? Who's actually going to scan them? As if we're not inundated enough with advertising, now people are succumbing to it voluntarily.

Quote from: gnubler on May 09, 2011, 08:42:31 AMWhy? Who's actually going to scan them? As if we're not inundated enough with advertising, now people are succumbing to it voluntarily.
Because it's the boss's idea and all of his ideas are the best!

gnubler

I hear you. Luckily 99% of the "ideas" here never actually happen.

Quote from: gnubler on May 09, 2011, 08:55:38 AMI hear you. Luckily 99% of the "ideas" here never actually happen.
I've got some of his ideas parked on the side, some have been there for three years. Yeah, he forgets, TG.

gnubler

The house projects always seem to sit for months or years.

t-pat

actually I was thinking that one valid use for a qr code is on a business card, beats typing the contact info in later, into Outlook or whatever your typical sales sleaze uses to manage contacts.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

David

Quote from: tpatterson on May 09, 2011, 01:07:52 PMactually I was thinking that one valid use for a qr code is on a business card, beats typing the contact info in later, into Outlook or whatever your typical sales sleaze uses to manage contacts.
yeah, but it only puts the contact info on your smart phone. If that's all you use, that's great. But what about the email on your computer? Send it to yourself in an email?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

G_Town

Quote from: david on May 09, 2011, 02:21:23 PM
Quote from: tpatterson on May 09, 2011, 01:07:52 PMactually I was thinking that one valid use for a qr code is on a business card, beats typing the contact info in later, into Outlook or whatever your typical sales sleaze uses to manage contacts.
yeah, but it only puts the contact info on your smart phone. If that's all you use, that's great. But what about the email on your computer? Send it to yourself in an email?

You sync your phone to your email account?

At least that's what my work phone does.

David

yeah, forgot about that part. (since I don't have one, no sync for me!)
I laughed when I read your post, remembering some of the guys here, when the iPods first came out and they wanted to sync up to their 80 gazillion tunes in iTunes on their Macs, and they wiped them all out... good times
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Grimace

Microsoft is promoting Tag, which boasts more features and wants to replace QR codes. What do you think?
 http://tag.microsoft.com/