Jerry Sienfeld & Microsoft

Started by delooch, August 22, 2008, 01:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

I just read that Seinfeld is the new spokesman for MS.. Hes going to be doing Vista ads with Bill Gates.

Didnt Jerry always rock some crazy ass mac on his desk in the show? I thought the dood was a mac fiend.

Joe

Yeah, I remember the thing with the Mac. Money can buy anything though. Even Seinfeld. :angry:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

Jerry's so hurting for money too.
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Monkeyman

My, some nice in depth comments there. Microsoft is looking to increase the visibility and opinion of Vista. There could be worse people that they could've selected. It's supposedly an anti Apple ad in reference to the "Hi I'm a Mac" commercial set. I figure Jerry had a reason for doing it and I say more power to him.
As is in all things, so must go into the night.

youston

Right, monkeyman, but Jerry Seinfeld?!? He's about as "hip and now" as a 3.5" floppy!

Monkeyman

Correct youston. He's definitely not hip today but neither is Microsoft. Microsoft is paying Jerry $10 million and spending $300 million on the ad blitz. To quote Jerry "What's up with that?".
It will be interesting and probably entertaining to see how this all works out.
As is in all things, so must go into the night.

Joe

Quote from: Monkeyman on August 22, 2008, 05:24:20 PMCorrect youston. He's definitely not hip today but neither is Microsoft. Microsoft is paying Jerry $10 million and spending $300 million on the ad blitz. To quote Jerry "What's up with that?".
It will be interesting and probably entertaining to see how this all works out.

To be fair, I would have done it for $10 million too. :grin:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

agent_orange

Is it really that shocking that he's doing it? He did a commercial for HP a while back. I think he was shilling for Bee Movie. Maybe he has something else coming out that he wants to make a few bucks and promote at the same time. I'm with Joe, I'd do it for 10 mil. By the way, what would you do with the money? And you can't say "buy the Cleveland Cavaliers."

youston

I've got no problem with Jerry taking the gig ... hell, I wish someone would pay ME $10 million to say their shit didn't stink ... or like maybe to recommend their prepress forum to folks in the industry who I meet on my travels (Joe, call me babe. Ciao.).

I just think they could've picked someone a little more 'hip.' Especially if their aim is to top the "I'm A Mac" ads.

agent_orange

I see what you're saying but, c'mon, Gates + hip? That's like asking a fat girl in a cheetah print unitard to "look subtle" :grin:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: agent_orange on August 22, 2008, 07:27:34 PMI see what you're saying but, c'mon, Gates + hip? That's like asking a fat girl in a cheetah print unitard to "look subtle" :grin:

Have you been dating my Mother? Dude, that is so wrong! My new Daddy... Agent Orange! :wink:
Member #285 - Civilian

agent_orange

My first official act is to eliminate your curfew and encourage you to bring high school girls by the house. Now go mow the yard!

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: agent_orange on August 22, 2008, 08:40:37 PMMy first official act is to eliminate your curfew and encourage you to bring high school girls by the house. Now go mow the yard!

(In best Beaver Cleaver voice) Aww, gee Pop, do I gotta?
Member #285 - Civilian

agent_orange

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 22, 2008, 08:45:22 PM(In best Beaver Cleaver voice) Aww, gee Pop, do I gotta?

nahhh.... i can cruise the high schools on my own. but you still gotta mow the yard. sorry champ, maybe we'll play catch later, though?  :laugh: