Bootable clone of Windows machine - how?

Started by DCurry, July 22, 2009, 09:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Quote from: gnubler on October 15, 2009, 03:39:08 PMHas anyone tried this one? High ratings at CNET.
SyncBack Freeware 3.2.19.0

I was poking around with Windows XP backup and at the very moment it froze and quit my boss walked in and suggested SyncBack - it's what he uses to back up all of our servers. He suggested using that before using anything Microsoft.  :laugh:

I've installed it and I like it. It's similar to Mac's Carbon Copy Cloner. FREE.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Stiv

gnubler

I don't want to be swayed at this point - when it comes to Windows and something actually works, I use it.

SyncBack Freeware 3.2.19.0

The only thing I would like (but maybe this is asking too much) is an alert when a backup is scheduled but the target drive is not connected. Carbon Copy Cloner does this, even when it's not running. I tend to not keep peripherals connected and powered up unless I'm actually using them.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Stiv

I use SyncBack at home on WinXP and am very pleased.

Still sore from a HD crash at home a couple of years ago without a back up. Cost almost a grand and lost a lot of docs and images.