News:

Main Menu

Iphone 7

Started by andyfest, September 12, 2016, 12:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyfest

For any of you on Facial Book, this video about the new iPhone 7 comes from a unique perspective:

https://www.facebook.com/CollegeHumor/videos/10154009213532807/
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Joe

On the plus side for Apple...their phones aren't blowing up. :rotf:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

delooch

I'm always 2 generations behind anyway. Still waiting for the latest round of ishit vs. crapdroid flame wars to begin...

DigiCorn

My phone pretty much bit it over the weekend, so I got a new one. I had the S4, and my neighbor the IT guy said to get the S7, but the only one they had was in gold, so I ended up with the S7 edge. I haven't had a lot of time to play with it, but it seems pretty cool. The wife went from a iPhone 5C to an iPhone 6S. She doesn't want the bigger, faster phone, or the newer model.

We got them at Costco, and switched from AT&T to Verizon. Even with the cost of the phones, we will be saving close to $50 a month, but went from unlimited data to 10 GB shared per month. But now I can use my phone as a mobile hotspot (I couldn't before - long story), and it's unlimited talk and text (we had minutes and text limits before). On top of that, Costco gave us each portable, rechargeable quick chargers for free, and the wife gets a $275 gift card to use at Costco and I get a $225 one. I like to think we got a pretty sweet deal.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Diddler

Found this on a Photo website. Might interest you guys in the US. Not applicable to me Down Under.

https://fstoppers.com/deals/no-joke-you-can-make-money-upgrading-iphone-7-updated-x2-145401

SideNote:
I've installed iOS 10 (beta) a week or so ago and must say I really like it. Massive improvement in Maps and turn by turn navigation.
Even add public transport for my part of the world.

You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

StudioMonkey

Wireless Earbuds?  REALLY bad idea.  So one falls out of your ear - its not attached to anything.  Its GONE.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Farabomb

I didn't even think of that. My $25 anker bluetooth phones would just fine and if I loose them, oh well.

The Woman's charge port on her s3 is done did busted so she needs a new one. It's nice to have a phone that you can swap out batteries. No mad rush to the store to replace something you can't live without that you were perfectly fine with not having 10 years ago...
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

andyfest

Quote from: delooch on September 12, 2016, 07:10:07 PMI'm always 2 generations behind anyway. Still waiting for the latest round of ishit vs. crapdroid flame wars to begin...
Hell I'm still using an iPhone4 and it works fine for what I use it for.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

born2print

I have the S4 Active and it could run an Apollo mission...
from under water.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Ear

The only problem with the 4 is my boom beach would be too small.  ::)
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

born2print

right, but I like my phone to fit in a pocket, not a backpack  :rolleyes:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Farabomb

Seing as for the last shuttle mission NASA was raiding craigslist for parts like 386's and shit your nokia flip phone can probably run the Apollo mission. I still am using my s3 as my main and the M8 as the game phone. I keep trying boom beach but PAD and Trials Frontier keep pulling me in.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

hmmm I shall have to investigate these other games that vex you so
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on September 13, 2016, 11:22:32 AMSeing as for the last shuttle mission NASA was raiding craigslist for parts like 386's and shit your nokia flip phone can probably run the Apollo mission. I still am using my s3 as my main and the M8 as the game phone. I keep trying boom beach but PAD and Trials Frontier keep pulling me in.
Considering Apollo 13 almost got them killed, that's not saying much.
Quote from: Ear on September 13, 2016, 11:13:07 AMThe only problem with the 4 is my boom beach would be too small.  ::)
I guess I have the space to run that on my new phone now. Maybe I'll get a new tablet with my rebate.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

StudioMonkey

I play Clash of Clans on my iPhone4 OK but it was too small before I got my new glasses.   :git off mah lawn:
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana