Acrobat bug report
by pspdfppdfxhd
February 18, 2018, 03:08:01 PM

xx
Setup for new EPSON
by david
February 16, 2018, 05:45:41 PM

xx
What is 'Mixed Ink Image' embedded in Illy CC?
by rickself
February 16, 2018, 12:23:27 PM

xx
Any Quite Imposing Users?
by DCurry
February 16, 2018, 08:24:17 AM

xx
In-House Mailing
by DigiCorn
February 15, 2018, 02:48:47 PM

clip
InDesign mail merge question
by Joe
February 14, 2018, 03:09:33 PM

question
Datarmerge in the same page
by DigiCorn
February 14, 2018, 01:22:08 PM

xx
Onyx RIPs on Mac?
by wonderings
February 14, 2018, 11:10:28 AM

xx
Prinect prepress interface for sale
by ppi4sale
February 14, 2018, 01:32:57 AM

xx
Cant move objects with mouse!
by mc hristel
February 13, 2018, 06:45:38 PM

xx
Oversize PDFs
by rickself
February 13, 2018, 03:12:47 PM

xx
Harmony Issues and Recommendations
by johnny_jay
February 12, 2018, 02:51:16 PM

Topic: Variable images (High-end photos) - who is doing these?  (Read 154 times) previous topic - next topic

• ninjaPB_43
  • [*][*]
  • Head Ninja In Corporate America (Tha HNICA)
Variable images (High-end photos) - who is doing these?
I'm looking for some experienced folks working with variable images of high end photography...  photos need to be of people, not just product.
I need some advice of what types of alterations can be made to the photos prior to releasing to print to help get a better result on the digital presses.

The products looking to be printed are booklets, not just postcards - and in higher quantities.. so roll to roll digital printing not sheet-fed... (preferably in-line) so bindery isn't done offline potentially screwing up mailing sort order.

anyone - have experiences they want to share? 

PS. sorry if this covered somewhere already - I didn't scour the archives.

• DigiCorn
  • [*][*][*]
  • A legend in my own mind
Re: Variable images (High-end photos) - who is doing these?
Reply #1
Probably NOT what you're looking for, or of help, but we recently just finished a large order of several hundred thousand sheet fed digital print postcards for a client who had variable images on both sides and each postcard was 100% unique - NO repeating images - and the images were not stored locally - they were called back from a hosted website somewhere else. About the only thing I can tell you is that to speed up the process have all images saved so that when placed they are 100% at the proper desired resolution, because compiling without ppml takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R if each image has to be resized by the application as you're writing the print file. We did ours 2-up in runs of 500 and it took about 20-30 minutes to write each final print file. That's a lot of time when you're doing several hundred thousand, and you make a mistake.

We did this without XMPie or FusionPro. It was some other third party plug-in for InDesign called Easy Catalog.
"Why is it that everything today has involved things either going in or coming out of my ass?!"
― Eric Cartman

"Oh My God! They Killed Kenny!"
- Stan Marsh

"You Bastards!"
-Kyle Broflovski

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway