PitStop 2018 just announced. Ships in April

Started by abc, March 06, 2018, 06:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

pabney

Glad you asked about this Joe, I do not have new license keys either.

Joe

Yeah sounds like it is going to be just like the 2017 release.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

I do see in an email from my supplier that I have a contract # that is linked to my 2017 license
I have emailed him, see what he says.

Yeah agreed, yeah for Joe!

abc

It definitely won't be like the 2017 version with regards to getting you guys license keys. They should be on their way IMHO.
If you want to get on 2018 now then the best way would be just to use the in-built 30-day trial key until your official key arrives.

I'll investigate internally and find out why these are not sent out in advance so they are with you beforehand.

Tracy

I was instructed to use the trial until I get my license which should be soon

Joe

Quote from: abc on April 24, 2018, 10:20:59 AMIt definitely won't be like the 2017 version with regards to getting you guys license keys. They should be on their way IMHO.
If you want to get on 2018 now then the best way would be just to use the in-built 30-day trial key until your official key arrives.

I'll investigate internally and find out why these are not sent out in advance so they are with you beforehand.

I've not heard of anyone that has gotten their 2018 key yet. Someone posted on printplanet that their reseller told them they did not have the product keys from Enfocus yet. Which is exactly what happened when 2017 was released. :rotf:

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Quote from: abc on April 24, 2018, 02:27:49 AMHi Frailer
Download the DMG then you can use it on all machines etc.
As you correctly said, when you activate PitStop is tied to a machine finger print.

This is how I would do it.
Leave the macs that are being decommissioned alone at the moment.
Install PitStop 2018 (released today 24th April) and Acrobat on the new macs.
Activate them as a free 30-day trial. So you have the both the old and the new with PitStop available.
run the new machines for a few weeks to make sure everything is ok and you have copied all your old Action Lists and settings etc from the old machines.
Then when you are happy all is ok, deactivate PitStop on the two old macs, when you do this there is an option to save the license files. So save them.
Then use those license files you've saved to activate the PitStop's on the two new macs.
Job done.

Thanks abc. As this is a whole new purchase, (to Maintenance), a bit puzzled as to why the license file for the previous would be relevant to this one. Would have thought they'd be standalone.
Also would have thought, (not that we'd want to), be able to have fully licensed and running on each machine. (old one on old system...it's a bought item), and new one (2017/18 Maintenance on new machine).
Happy to follow that procedure, but there's a 30 'window', it seems, which I'd not thought would have to apply.
We've got 2 print-outs for the new Maintenances, and I'd assumed all info would be there for an independent start-up, without needing 'old' license info.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

I think when you got the maintenance contract you probably did an 'upgrade' from your previous license. And when you upgrade from one version of Pitstop to another the old version license is no longer good. At least that has been working for us since version 10 to 11 to 12 to 13 to 2017 and I assume 2018. For example we have an 8 user license of Pitstop 2017. With our old product key we can still run Pitstop 13 or Pitstop 2017 but only a total of 8 licenses so any combination of 13 and 2017 that adds up to no more than 8. At least that is what I think it is. Not 100% sure though.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on April 24, 2018, 04:07:42 PMI think when you got the maintenance contract you probably did an 'upgrade' from your previous license. And when you upgrade from one version of Pitstop to another the old version license is no longer good. At least that has been working for us since version 10 to 11 to 12 to 13 to 2017 and I assume 2018. For example we have an 8 user license of Pitstop 2017. With our old product key we can still run Pitstop 13 or Pitstop 2017 but only a total of 8 licenses so any combination of 13 and 2017 that adds up to no more than 8. At least that is what I think it is. Not 100% sure though.

Yeah, I think that answers my foggy early morning view on it. We'll be following abc's procedure. Good to have those transition steps.

Fat Boy Tim

Quote from: Joe on April 24, 2018, 03:40:27 PM
Quote from: abc on April 24, 2018, 10:20:59 AMIt definitely won't be like the 2017 version with regards to getting you guys license keys. They should be on their way IMHO.

I've not heard of anyone that has gotten their 2018 key yet. Someone posted on printplanet that their reseller told them they did not have the product keys from Enfocus yet. Which is exactly what happened when 2017 was released. :rotf:

All three of our keys arrived yesterday. Two from Enfocus and one from a reseller. Not made the switch just yet but so far much smoother than 2017.

Would like to understand what the delay is for everyone else though.

Slappy

Ours is licensed directly from Enfocus, should we be on the look out for the key(s) then too? I downloaded the Trial installer, just haven't had a chance to update yet.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

pabney

I am in the same boat. Have not heard anything.
Any one heard from Matt Beals? Non of the websites I have for him are up.
Hope he is ok.