Command Workstation VDP

Started by Tracy, July 26, 2018, 11:17:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

I know how to do the Master in the VDP of Command Workstation  :banana:
It was a simple thing that I wasn't figuring out.

You select Create Master and select one of the Not Created, and Select Print Master (this is where I messed up)
I had to actually print a hard copy to get it to set, not sure why.

Then on my data file I just select Use Master and the name of the master file will be there,
you may need to select define record length, but I didn't have to on my simple test.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Tracy on July 26, 2018, 11:17:46 AMYou select Create Master and select one of the Not Created, and Select Print Master (this is where I messed up)
"Process and Hold" should also work.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

wonderings

Quote from: DigiCorn on July 30, 2018, 09:13:22 AM
Quote from: Tracy on July 26, 2018, 11:17:46 AMYou select Create Master and select one of the Not Created, and Select Print Master (this is where I messed up)
"Process and Hold" should also work.

+1

I use "process and hold" on every job. Not sure how common that is though, I know some Xerox guys gave me funny looks when I did that when demoing some machines. To me it makes sense, process the job, give it a print, then make adjustments and re process and print.

Joe

Always "process and hold" here.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

The main reason, for me, is that on our 125 the Fiery is so old on variable jobs, sometimes it will omit the last record (and the file name turns red). Process and hold as opposed to print gives you a chance to check to make sure it processed properly. Also, you can reprint the job if necessary because it remains in the queue, although you can always retrieve it from the printed queue if you are configured that way.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway