News:

Main Menu

Layers Versioning

Started by Slappy, October 01, 2018, 12:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

I saw an old Topic on this, gonna start my own though...

Trying to do a pretty basic Versioned PDF, it's an 8pg job, only the front page changes (all 4 plates) so that we can imprint VDP downstream in black. I did the VDP Shell Layer setup in Acrobat, and when I import it XMF sees the Layer and turns on Output for Epson/Plate/PDF Proof as expected. How do we actually Plate/Proof that 2nd Layer though?

I ran an Epson, only got the "top" Layer, and I started the Plate process to see if it would prompt me for the VDP Shell Layer but it doesn't. IS there another step or action to take?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Tracy

Interesting, never used this feature, are you going to run your data through XMF?
Never mind, I don't think you are  :laugh:

Slappy

Oh damn, I think I figured it out, let me see if it behaves right...
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Slappy

Nah, I noticed when adding a Section there's an option for a Versioned Section, and it recognizes the Layer also but still no obvious way to plate the VDP Shell separate from the main PDF. Hmmmmm.

Tracy

Yesterday's pitstop webinar was on pdf layers, It was all greek to me
looks like they may have been using Pitstop Server, maybe something else too.
I wasn't really paying too good of attention, I was working at the same time
and nothing popped out for me :-[

Slappy

I'll break down & call Fuji if I ever come up for air, might be a good way to do Spot UV Plates and similar setups too if I can get a grip on it.