XMF Install & Training

Started by Joe, November 20, 2013, 11:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Quote from: DigiCorn on November 21, 2013, 01:32:00 PMYeah? I was on my way there, but I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

So that wasn't you who got hit by the commuter train in Bernalillo? I said 3:10, boy! :angry:

The train got to the Santa Fe depot and someone noticed "human remains" on the train. I wish the papers would go into more detail.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

born2print

Quote from: gnubler on November 21, 2013, 03:27:22 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on November 21, 2013, 01:32:00 PMYeah? I was on my way there, but I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

So that wasn't you who got hit by the commuter train in Bernalillo? I said 3:10, boy! :angry:

The train got to the Santa Fe depot and someone noticed "human remains" on the train. I wish the papers would go into more detail.
Reminds me of old Benny Hill bit:
Blonde actress: "What's that in the road, a head?!"
Benny: "No no no! it's what's that in the road ahead?"
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Joe

Quote from: frailer on November 21, 2013, 03:09:43 PMUnderstood on that, Joe. Web is a mystery to me, as I've only ever done sheet. At my age it will remain a mystery.
OK, low on your priority list right now, I guess, but how did you like the 'feel' of the imposition?

It looks almost exactly like Preps 6 soooooo....I'm almost right at home. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on November 21, 2013, 03:46:56 PM
Quote from: frailer on November 21, 2013, 03:09:43 PMUnderstood on that, Joe. Web is a mystery to me, as I've only ever done sheet. At my age it will remain a mystery.
OK, low on your priority list right now, I guess, but how did you like the 'feel' of the imposition?

It looks almost exactly like Preps 6 soooooo....I'm almost right at home. :laugh:

:cheesy:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Well they both have square boxes with numbers in them. :tongue:

born2print

What does the "MF" in XMF stand for anyway?
 :laugh:
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Tracy

I have another meeting today, don't think it's the final meeting, haven't talked to any technical people yet.
Not at all sure what to ask, did you guys update to pitstop 12 for xmf?

Joe

We're at Pitstop 12 but it wasn't required for XMF. Heck you don't even have to have Pitstop with XMF other than it is how you create custom preflight profiles. Version 11 will work fine though.

How do you currently impose? Preps? Manually in InDesign? Or what?

Tracy

Joe

Yeesh!

Imposition is going to be much different for you. :laugh:

But better!

Find out how many renderers you are getting. I recommend two because if you only have one everything will come to a standstill when you are outputting plate files.

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

:laugh:
Thanks for the heads up about the renderers!

I think I'm getting a new proofer and possibly a new processor too

Tracy

seriously Preps 4 involves a lot of math, kinda like stripping

Farabomb

So does Preps 5 but I'm used to it.

I'm just happy I can make plates now.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

sweet, you got an imagesetter running?