XMF Install & Training

Started by Joe, November 20, 2013, 11:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Possum

Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on January 21, 2014, 03:38:31 PManyone switch from kodak to Fuji Plates?
problems?

Never used Kodak. Been on Fuji for many moons.
What typr you planning to switch to? Thermal, violet?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

We did. Love the Fuji plates. No problems to speak of.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

We went from the sword to the LH-PJ because Kodak changed the emulsion without telling anyone. Took a month for Kodak to admit it and they never got it to work.

Now since a friend's shop tested the Kodak Sonora XP we might be moving to those. I still don't trust Kodak at all but since it's cheaper I guess we'll give it a try until they screw us again. 
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

Fuji LH-PJ-an old Kodak rep told me the Fuji plate is a better plate.
I will have 1 new plate size, I'm hoping they are going to teach me how to create plate sizes etc..
Processor installing today.

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on January 22, 2014, 08:29:28 AMWe went from the sword to the LH-PJ because Kodak changed the emulsion without telling anyone. Took a month for Kodak to admit it and they never got it to work.

Now since a friend's shop tested the Kodak Sonora XP we might be moving to those. I still don't trust Kodak at all but since it's cheaper I guess we'll give it a try until they screw us again.

Shouldn't take long. :sarcasm:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

I figure maybe a month before they raise the price/change the plate.

I was told heidelberg is beating everyone on price for everything but like my boss I have a feeling they are just doing that so they can raise the price later. I don't see the people that charge $300 for a button being cheap for any amount of time.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Farabomb

I drove past those fuckers when we went through Rochester. I wanted to throw an egg at the place.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on January 22, 2014, 10:26:23 AMFuji LH-PJ-an old Kodak rep told me the Fuji plate is a better plate.
I will have 1 new plate size, I'm hoping they are going to teach me how to create plate sizes etc..
Processor installing today.

The excitement builds.  :cool:  Setting up plate sizes is Jamie Oliver>easy-peasy.  Hmmm.. at the XMF end.. You talking about at 'setter end?
They should set it up, then pretty much a set-and-forget. Especially with one plate size.  :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Tracy

3 plate sizes one was new
made my first fuji's all is good :banana:
install on monday

frailer

They should set you up with tickets/templates for each plate size. Am not too au fait with choosing plate sizes, as we've been one-size-komori forever. A bit dumbed-down on that one.

Tracy

Fraaaaileer! :laugh:
Do you use the Work and Turn or do you just do a flatwork?

impodave

I use both.  Work and Turns take a little more time to build initially, but once you add them to your library, you're good to go.
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

impodave

FYI, we have three plate sizes also....
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...