XMF Install & Training

Started by Joe, November 20, 2013, 11:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

impodave

I just split the job into two jobs on the rare occasion when that happens -- i.e. Run the 4 pg.cover on 20x26 Cover W&T or F&B, then run the text on 19x25 whatever, using the same SST ...
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

Diddler

Quote from: Tracy on February 18, 2014, 02:37:53 PMI found out that when you have 2 different sheet sizes you need to add another workflow see screen shot
if someone knows a different way let me know!

Don't have to add another workflow, just another plate icon. You can also rename it so you know which one is a cover section.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

frailer

Agree with dave. Additional WorkFlows seem to introduce other issues, like global re-renders when you don't need them. But could be a case of PICNIC, too.   :undecided:  But sometimes a clearly labelled separate job suffices.  'JobX_Cover.... JobX:Text.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

Thank you! that does seem easier actually.

can you automate the plate slug?
I am clicking for each job, (or not clicking) :laugh:

frailer

You can create 'Presets' for any menu item you want. They'll come in as a drop-down when you click/hold that 'Presets' button, top/right. I'll look at how to create one when I'm up there later. You would have seen "Bog Standard_all" in the screen movie, where I dropped down to it. Or if you want to add items after you've auto-placed it, you can. If I have Spot colours I just click 'Separations' button, and drag it up the list to the other checked items. On a process job it's not there, as we use custom Colour IDs, placed in the Grip area.
For sluglines, I tend to use "Management Information". Don't know what the subtle difference is between the two is..
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Tracy

Yeah I get it, but my issue is having to select plate slug line on every job
the job slug I get automatically with my marks
no biggy just annoying

Thanks for all your help :kiss:

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on February 19, 2014, 01:38:27 PMYeah I get it, but my issue is having to select plate slug line on every job
the job slug I get automatically with my marks
no biggy just annoying

Thanks for all your help :kiss:

If I remember correctly there is a way to make it select your slug line as the default for a workflow. Don't have the servers anymore to look but if someone else knows maybe they can tell you how.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

ok I won't give up then! it's gotta be possible

frailer

We probably work on pretty narrow tracks. The Stripping Sheet Template branch line.   :laugh:   Having said that, once stuff's in place on SSTs, it's there each time you call them up. You may need to ask someone on your install team, or as Joe says wait for Diddler or impodave to answer that.

Just on the setting up of Presets, no matter what kind, here are some shots of setting 'management Info' ones into the Preset dropdown. Once you've got a new one as you want it, go to the 'Save' button; go from there. It will appear next time in the dropdown for the item you're using, along with earlier ones.

Tracy

I'm good with the management info it's the tab to the left of it, the plate slug line, I'm having to click on every time.
yours is probably automatic, and your not having to think about it.

already getting use to it tho, next time I call I will ask them. I love calling them!

impodave

Go to administration_templates_ workflow item templates_ XXXXPlate_ slugline
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

impodave

This should appear on any future jobs requiring this plate.  As far as I know, ( which isn't much, believe me) there is no way to add this globally to past work -- you'll have to go back and correct it in any SSTs or Job Templates that you've already created.  In the larger sized press job templates, I have the sheet center marks and color bars built in.  These will be overwritten in SSTs if you make any alterations as part of the SST, and then copy them for new jobs.   Saves a peck of time for me over the long haul.  Easily adjusted if circumstances dictate, i.e. full press sheet, etc.   I am not as versed as the fellows in the southern hemisphere, so if this isn't clear, tell me .... :rolleyes:

Tracy

That's it, Thank you!!!! :smiley:

Tracy

Anyone else having a  problem with outputting vector pdf proofs?

oh and thanks for all the help this week, it's been crazy!

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on February 21, 2014, 11:59:36 AMAnyone else having a  problem with outputting vector pdf proofs?
... as in the ones you Export directly from XMF, pre-rendered.. just imposed? If those, then no, no probs.