XMF Install & Training

Started by Joe, November 20, 2013, 11:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

impodave

Blind folios outside the trim area are nice in case you have a pack of characters in bindery who don't pay attention to less-than- obvious page numbers when folding ... I usually make mine .25 inch tall in something easy to notice, like Helvetica, at the top of the pages.  I leave them on my SSTs if there is adequate space.  Helps make folding and finishing "idiot-proof".
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

frailer

Yep, and i Like that you can put them almost anywhere, using those dropdowns. Just a matter of trial and see until you've corralled them. We mostly run jobs with no print-inside folios... glossy entertainment stuff. So Blind Folios are a must-have for us.
Plus there's the habit sometimes of customers numbering inside the job with Page 1 starting at Page 3,.. or 5... or....
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

impodave

Or those that start page 1 on the left, so that all the odd pages end up on the left, and evens on the right .... :death:
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

impodave

Or, better yet, a bunch of Roman numeral pages in the beginning of a book.   Might as well be hieroglyphics to most rednecks here in Redneck Nation ... true story.

Tracy

I love it!!
It will be good for a gang run of business cards too!

Tracy

You guys using regular creep or face only? or both?

Diddler

Quote from: Tracy on March 11, 2014, 02:15:05 PMYou guys using regular creep or face only? or both?

I usually stick with face only.  I haven't ever had a problem with doing it that way.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

Thanks guys, tech on phone said opposite but I kinda thought that wasn't right.

new question, I often have layouts where i have to have even gutters and the sheet edge needs to match the gutter.

The sheet is cut in half and sent to a die cutter
is there a way to do this without math?

impodave

In my world there's always some need for math...since we are a general commercial shop, just receiving correct art is always the challenge.

Tracy

Mine too, just thought XMF would be magical :laugh:
Thanks Dave!

Tracy

let me know if I get annoying.

another question, I can't seem to find a way to measure an exact measurement
from the edge of the sheet to a mark, the measure tool seems to be approximate

Like in preps you could select the gutter and it would tell you the exact size

Thanks!

impodave

You may have to zoom in before measuring to get an accurate read ...

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on March 13, 2014, 10:40:16 AMlet me know if I get annoying.

I think you would probably win the least annoying award around here. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on March 13, 2014, 02:56:56 PM
Quote from: Tracy on March 13, 2014, 10:40:16 AMlet me know if I get annoying.

I think you would probably win the least annoying award around here. :laugh:
...an I would win most annoying.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway