XMF Install & Training

Started by Joe, November 20, 2013, 11:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Creep on a perfect bound book?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

That's exactly what I was thinking. Is it being printed on chipboard?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

you think i'm trippin? :laugh:

the whole book is on cover stock, and they have something close to the edge on each page
the sigs will be folded down as 16s

Farabomb

Beat that designer with a stick.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

ok I think I am trippin even with the 80lb cover it might be ok

yeah this book has a perf on each pg, a back pg that's shorter with a flap and perf and a die cut thingy it goes into.
uv and numbering too. :rolleyes:

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on March 27, 2014, 11:35:58 AMyou think i'm trippin? :laugh:

the whole book is on cover stock, and they have something close to the edge on each page

I'm not following how they are going to fold a 32 down as a 16?

Ear

Quote from: Joe on March 27, 2014, 11:51:40 AM
Quote from: Tracy on March 27, 2014, 11:35:58 AMyou think i'm trippin? :laugh:

I'm not following how they are going to fold a 32 down as a 16?

Double web?  :grin:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Yeah we do that all of the time on the web press. I assume, maybe incorrectly, that they are sheetfed.

Ear

To the original question, Tracy, yes, it is possible to be selective with creep. I would set the thickness in the "Default Creep", then you can choose which sheets you want to have Default Creep applied to.

I'm going to lunch but I can post screenshots in a little while if you need me to elaborate.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Tracy

yes please do!!
I will have a 32 pg sig that cuts to 16s and then folds
so I need the creep on the 16s,

they have art that is 1/32 close to the edge-maroons -sigh :rolleyes:

Diddler

Tracey, Are you doing the impo in pagination mode or just as a regular template mode. I'm in the office in 30 mins and can help you also if needed. Don't panic it's not hard.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

Tracy

never did pagination mode :undecided:

impodave

I wouldn't think you would require creep on a perfect bound book. Don't you just stack the folded sigs when collating ??   :wink:
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

Diddler

If not using pagination mode then the easiest way would be to just select the page required (far left circle) then look at the job page (top right circle) properties and select over ride creep for the page. hope this helps.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

impodave

You might require slight gutters for the grind on the perfect binder, though...
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...