XMF Install & Training

Started by Joe, November 20, 2013, 11:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on March 28, 2014, 02:52:41 PMselected perfect bind-check!

hmm, didn't know to remove spine bleed
I will check out xmf on that

edit: I see what your saying

In Sig window>Bleed, make 'Spine' field zero.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Farabomb

I never understood about the ink issue. I tend to not go out of my way to remove spine bleed, they are going to grind it off anyway.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

Thanks Frailer!
do you have in-house bindery?

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on March 31, 2014, 07:45:28 AMI never understood about the ink issue. I tend to not go out of my way to remove spine bleed, they are going to grind it off anyway.

Agreed. But there are bindery people that say it affects the glue. Personally I just think that is an excuse to cover some shoddy work out there. We presently let the ink go into the spine here but you never know when that might change.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

they actually want us to bleed the work into the grind..  and then complain when we don't do it.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Diddler

As far a I get told from bindery is that some glues are better with ink and some not so.  :shrug:

Another one is If there is a fly sheet/transparency page glued in, you can also apply negative bleed to remove the ink. I know its rare but just happened to me last week.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

frailer

Quote from: Diddler on March 31, 2014, 05:12:23 PMAs far a I get told from bindery is that some glues are better with ink and some not so.  :shrug:

Another one is If there is a fly sheet/transparency page glued in, you can also apply negative bleed to remove the ink. I know its rare but just happened to me last week.

Little tricks you forget if you don't use much. Like getting a stable/averaged dot reading in Rendered View... marquee an area with Dropper Tool, %age shown for that box.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

Had a job today-repeat with a paper/layout change
I wanted to copy the job and not write over the other layout.
When I copied, the file was missing but the layout was there
so I replaced the pages.
Am I doing it right?

impodave

If the job specs for the new job are already being used by another job in the queue, that would work - just rename the new job and continue.  But I think the new job will end up in the list directly above the job you copied in the queue.  Probably not a big deal.  If it's one you use a lot, be sure to save as a Stripping Sheet Template for retrieval later.  Don't know if this answered your question or not.   :tongue:
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

Tracy

fuji guy told me today, that i could archive the job and then when I restore, restore with a new name
I had a whole list of questions for them today :cool:

Diddler

Archive and restore to a new job number is the way I do repeat jobs,  but as impodave says you could save the templates and do it that you also. I would use 2nd option if using imposition mode and need to change settings as you mentioned

Tracy

Diddler

Quote from: Tracy on April 01, 2014, 03:47:12 PMWhat is imposition mode?

Tracy, Press this button to do a job in impo mode. Much easier for bookwork I find. I did this 192pp in about 30 sections using this method.
I've written the real basics to start with, let me know if you need more help.
And if your using different sheet sizes you need to drag Sheet groups to a different plate in your workflow. But you probably already know that one.

Tracy

Thanks Did!
I found you can control click on the overlay button and you can get almost all dimensions needed

Chilbear

Quote from: Tracy on March 27, 2014, 02:58:11 PMjust found out they are folding to 8pg sigs now and then binding. 16pg sigs for this paper was ridiculous
the paper is 80lb cover for the whole book (80pgs and they have an image 1/32 close to the edge
My inner production fairy is ringing - are they still THINKING they can fold 80# cover from an 8pp signature? Never in my 25+ years has that been done without creasing on the inside pages - impossible. Same goes for 100# paper. Never. For cover weight, I have had to do 4pp and multiple pass thru perfect binder if necessary. I am smelling a FUBAR here.