Quark 8.51 Update

Started by Tracy, July 13, 2011, 08:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Tracy

Quote from: Joe on July 13, 2011, 01:29:21 PM
Quote from: Tracy on July 13, 2011, 12:56:22 PMDon't use quark much anymore but the preview in 8 is better
anyone on the drop shadow question?
I think Im gonna output the proof  to see if it's even that noticeable

Try putting another box under the picture box that is the exact same size as the picture box. Apply the shadow to the box underneath the picture box..
It's text so it's upside down right now -5 panel roll
I suppose I could rotate all five panels to fix it.
the 3 I rotated have the drop shadows the other 2 don't
Thanks Joe! (for helping me think) :laugh:

gnubler

Quote from: Tracy on July 13, 2011, 01:45:40 PMsure I'll take it!

Here.

After this bite it's all yours. Enjoy!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Tracy

uh no thanks! you keep it!

David

Quote from: Tracy on July 13, 2011, 12:43:14 PMI had to rotate some of the panels - the drop shadow was going to the left and when I rotate
it 180 the drop shadow goes to the right, tried to fix but no worky.

did you try to group the objects then rotate?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

no I didn't, Im printing proof now
I will check that out and let you know
seems kind of a weird thing to happen

nope that doesn't work

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on July 13, 2011, 12:43:14 PMyay were on quark!

I had to rotate some of the panels - the drop shadow was going to the left and when I rotate
it 180 the drop shadow goes to the right, tried to fix but no worky.

I'll take that burrito and coke!

Looking back it this. Isn't they the way it should work? I mean when you rotate the panel 180 degrees the light source, which creates the shadow, is staying the same so the shadow would end up on the other side. If you don't want it to do that you should be able to open the shadow dialog and change the angle of the shadow so it goes in the opposite direction.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

t-pat

Quote from: gnubler on July 13, 2011, 01:23:49 PMPoor Tracy. Her day will now go downhill.

Doesn't Indy have that same issue w/ drop shadows & rotating?

You'll just have to change the degrees of the shadow on the rotated objects.

when rotating pages with effects - from a program that does this cool thing - we leave as-is, rotate the page in the input pdf, and leave a note in the input folder of which page(s) get rotated so the next operator has a clue.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

David

Quote from: Joe on July 13, 2011, 02:37:06 PMLooking back it this. Isn't they the way it should work? I mean when you rotate the panel 180 degrees the light source, which creates the shadow, is staying the same so the shadow would end up on the other side.

yeah, but this is quark, you wouldn't think that logic would have anything to do with it.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

I couldn't seem to rotate the shadow the other way in quark-anyone with a screen shot?
it's a 5 panel roll fold all in one doc so no separate pages here.

Im already printed out, so just for my own info!

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on July 13, 2011, 03:01:10 PMI couldn't seem to rotate the shadow the other way in quark-anyone with a screen shot?
it's a 5 panel roll fold all in one doc so no separate pages here.

Im already printed out, so just for my own info!

Ya know...I had to open Quark to get the screen shots. I wouldn't do that for just anyone! :laugh:

t-pat

this will bite you in the ass. Better rotating the pdf after output, honestly. Just my 2 cents.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Joe

Quote from: tpatterson on July 13, 2011, 03:31:19 PMthis will bite you in the ass. Better rotating the pdf after output, honestly. Just my 2 cents.

Quite possibly. It IS Quark afterall.

gnubler

I felt dirty just looking at those dumps.

Poor Tracy...
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on July 13, 2011, 03:42:51 PMI felt dirty just looking at those dumps.

Poor Tracy...

Well you have been working in Publisher all day. Take a shower! :whip: