Quark and Spot Colors

Started by Tracy, January 04, 2013, 11:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Liars at 4Over, too.

Always blame prepress.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on January 04, 2013, 02:13:47 PMLiars at 4Over, too.

Always blame prepress.

Anymore I just assume everyone is lying until proven otherwise. :laugh: Most of the time I assume correctly. :cry:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

sad but true...

and Sabby, your bubble will burst when you get the next Q file from said client...   just sayin'
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

I no longer have the q installed on any active machines around here. It's on two "retired" machines sitting up in the rafters. If I ever get another q file, I either have to reinstall or drag an old box down and relink to the network. Chances are we'll just kick it back and tell them to give us a .pdf.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

Quote from: gnubler on January 04, 2013, 01:37:28 PMEasier said than done. Today I tried printing to PDF from quark and nothing ever happened, file goes to desktop printer, then just disappears. I finally gave up and used quark's awesome "export to PDF" feature.
They sounds familiar
If it's not an issue try pasting everything in a new file.

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on January 04, 2013, 04:35:16 PM
Quote from: gnubler on January 04, 2013, 01:37:28 PMEasier said than done. Today I tried printing to PDF from quark and nothing ever happened, file goes to desktop printer, then just disappears. I finally gave up and used quark's awesome "export to PDF" feature.
They sounds familiar
If it's not an issue try pasting everything in a new file.

Or stop using Quark! :tapedshut:

Tracy

got 2 customers that won't stop :angry:
maybe I'll be down to one-a girl can hope can't she?
I told the designer I would show her how to use it. hee hee

gnubler

You should show your quark customers your fist right in their faces.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on January 04, 2013, 04:52:37 PMgot 2 customers that won't stop :angry:

Good luck. Just don't use either of these after trying to show her for a day. =====> :hangme: :shoots_self:

pspdfppdfxhd

Did you say quark? Oh..... :drunk3: ya.... :drunk3: its a gem too work with  :drunk3:  :drunk3:

gnubler

Notice his usage of the lowercase "q" followed by several drinks. Perfectly normal.

pspdfppdfxhd

Yeah, but only cuz i am on the ipad, its a friggen pain  :drunk3: to go uppercase and all that shits  :drunk3:

gnubler

I approve of your lowercase.  :drunk3:

pspdfppdfxhd

Quark caused me :drunk3: more drain bamage than drinking EVER did.  :drunk3:

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on January 04, 2013, 04:52:37 PMgot 2 customers that won't stop :angry:

There's always Q2ID.    :cheesy:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.