News:

Main Menu

rgb images to cmyk

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, May 13, 2011, 08:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beermonster

the express rip was indeed the hq version and we had the seps recombining proofing solution bit as well (as you can see - i cant remember the damm name)

we had serious colour matching issues and as i said, at the time "they" were crap as opposed to the system. the rip itself was ok - standard hq stuff really - active/held queue etc

it was compose themselves who couldn't/wouldn't help us. and i should qualify that i'm in the u of k :hello:

i had their so called colour "guru's" in my studio for a few days - no improvements, so we binned the compose rip altogether because we were simply left, no calls, no help, no advice no nothing. once bitten and all that....
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

gnubler

"color gurus"  :laugh:

I would like to know who calls themself that so I can assassinate them.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

beermonster

almost as bad as a "pdf guru"

i have no idea what a fcuking guru is anyway - and i care just slightly less for self awarded genius titles - unless it's prepress god in which case i'm in :)
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

pspdfppdfxhd

Well the platesetter came in and it's a Heidleberg topsetter 6100?? They told me it was a SCREEN but I'm assuming it is the same thing maybe. And an AGFA gumming unit.

gnubler

Doesn't Screen make them and Heidelberg just brands them? We have one, too.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

pspdfppdfxhd

Well that's what I'm guessing and to confuse me even more....... the printed manual says it is Fujifilm.

David

made in America at Walmart
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

pspdfppdfxhd

then shipped up to Canada