Organizing Print Presets

Started by gnubler, February 26, 2008, 11:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

I was looking for a way to do this, as I have a bunch of print presets that I don't personally use, but I'm afraid to delete or remove. So I asked, "Is there a way to shuffle the order of print/PDF presets in Indy?" and Google answered:

Organizing Print Presets

In short, you can't really shuffle or drag-drop items in the list, but there are a couple of workarounds.

I learnt something new!!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

jezza

Quote from: gnubler link=topic=1213.msg14671#msg14671 date=1204046216
I learnt something new!!
/quote]

So did I  :cool: Nice one gnubler  :cheesy:
one sick prepress mofo

David

ain't that special!

I learned something today as well!

very cool, thanks Gnub!

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Gutnbg

Cool beans! Thanks for sharing that with us!

We use presets and name them according to regular customers and what they want them for. (customer1_ps, customer1_web, etc.)

For something special we name them as shown.
Too weeks ago i cuddent even spel PRINTOR an now i are one

Joe

Nice...Adobe should have thought of this. :undecided:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Sparky

Quote from: gnubler on February 26, 2008, 11:16:56 AMI was looking for a way to do this, as I have a bunch of print presets that I don't personally use, but I'm afraid to delete or remove. So I asked, "Is there a way to shuffle the order of print/PDF presets in Indy?" and Google answered:

Organizing Print Presets

In short, you can't really shuffle or drag-drop items in the list, but there are a couple of workarounds.

I learnt something new!!

gnubler, as of last talking to with the Adobe staff regarding this, they were kinda jaw slack as to why one would want to do this :huh: I did get a techy to admit it would be a good idea if at least it could alphabetize by default, or in the future allow you to select the list criteria.

Go figure.

what I did was to make a list of all the print pre-sets I used then entered them in the order they needed to belong in my preset list, then did a "save presets" so if anything happened I could bring them back into ID and carry on as normal.

My list (used for printing to our HP 5000 B/W laser) went something like this:
Letter port comp
Letter land comp
Letter port seps
Letter land seps
Legal port comp
Legal land comp
Legal port seps
Legal land seps
etc., etc.,

I then set up each to reflect its name depending on what I needed. Letter (8.5 x 11) portrait composite (and included crops and centers on everything, so if I created an 8 x 10 it would print with crops and registration marks. If it didn't fit it wouldn't print :rolleyes:

Pain in the A** but a few minutes of time can really save you down the road.

maybe if we all start whining to Adobe about it they'll get the message. One can only hope :shocked:

My 2¢

"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"