Неотип Россия Н7-Ф / Russian Typesetting machine / Russian Linotype

Started by bornrd, February 08, 2022, 04:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornrd

Does ANYONE have ANY information on Russian Linotype Copies ("Neotype Russia/Rossija/Неотип Россия")?

We're building a historic print museum and i have the honorable duty to collect infos and make some signs telling the visitors alle the information about the machines.. Which, in case of the Rockstroh Victoria or even our Phoneix A is a bit of a pain in the butt, but these "Neotypes"... NOTHING. :shoots_self:

All I have is actually a friend of ours who has a similar setup in switzerland ("Typorama"), and he has a Rossija n140.
We have a N7-F (Н7-Ф), and all i have is the spare parts catalog. It really drives me nuts.

Basically, from what I've learned, these were built from Linotype-blueprints that were "stolen" from Berlin or somehow gotten to St. Petersburg. (We're talking after the first world war time-ish here) Ours was build in 1963 in Leningrad (now St. Petersburg). It's just baffling that pretty much nothing is known across the web except how Typorama got theirs.

If anyone has any info on these or knows where i could look (yes i have googled in cyrillic), please let me know!

I'll be glad to share what I have with you as well. Let's not let this history be lost to time.
macOS Catalina 10.15.7/Windows 10 - Adobe CC - Fuji XMF 6.13 - Luxel T9000 CTP E - KBA Rapida 105 universal - Heidelberg GTO - Heidelberg Windmill - Heidelberg Cylinder - Heidelberg Speedmaster 52 - Schelter & Giesecke PHOENIX A - Rockstroh VICTORIA - Lenpoligrafmash NEOTYPE N-7F - Konica Minolta C3080 - HP DesignJet ZP6810 - Epson Stylus Pro 4900 - Heidelberg Stahlfolder - Müller-Martini APOLLO - Müller-Martini PRESTO II - PERFECTA Cutting System

I have no idea what the f*ck I'm doing in prepress but here we are

www.ruegen-druck.de | @ruegendruck

––––––––––––––––––––––
They will chop you down just to count your rings

bornrd

macOS Catalina 10.15.7/Windows 10 - Adobe CC - Fuji XMF 6.13 - Luxel T9000 CTP E - KBA Rapida 105 universal - Heidelberg GTO - Heidelberg Windmill - Heidelberg Cylinder - Heidelberg Speedmaster 52 - Schelter & Giesecke PHOENIX A - Rockstroh VICTORIA - Lenpoligrafmash NEOTYPE N-7F - Konica Minolta C3080 - HP DesignJet ZP6810 - Epson Stylus Pro 4900 - Heidelberg Stahlfolder - Müller-Martini APOLLO - Müller-Martini PRESTO II - PERFECTA Cutting System

––––––––––––––––––––––

bornrd

Well it seems that everybody know as much as the next man about these, so I'll continue adding facts that i found out to this thread, because Google actually crawls this site regularly – so people like me can find it. That's actually how i became a member of b4print :P (XMF Issues)

As said, the one we have was build in 1963 in then-Leningrad, now St. Petersburg.

It was likely built here: LENPOLIGRAFMASH (you need Chrome or a translation add-on)

The print Museum in Leipzig has the "exact" same model: Facebook
(I've contacted them and will receive all they have on it next week)

On both our and their machine's spec plaque, it says "3HM" (in cyrillic, so "ZNM"), which only leads to the journalist's association of macedonia (i contacted them as well - loosely press related.)

The (west)german importer for these machines (presumably) was in a joint-stock structure in connection to MASHPRIBORINTORG, an import-export company, dealing in high-tech equipment and machinery.

Their Name: Neotype (aha!) Techmashexport GmbH.
Proof attached.

So, that's the story so far.

I'm away next week, so see you on that next Monday with "exciting" news. :stormy: 

––––––––––––––––––––––

Tracy

bornrd

––––––––––––––––––––––

Possum

Not surprised. People used to build things to last. That was when people took pride in their work. Before they decided it was better to squeeze money out of customers by building in obsolescence.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

bornrd

SO I got to know enough about that one.

I think. Enough to satisfy the curiosity of a possible visitor I think

Currently I'm investigating our SCHELTER & GIESECKE PHOENIX (it weirdly says "PHOENIX A" on the machine?! can't find nothing on that).
Schelter & Giesecke was a pretty prolific type foundry who also made their own platen presses around 1900.
Theres more about them here: 

https://issuu.com/archiviotipografico

(it's the book with the bare buttocks :kissass:)

Next, I will have to find some Info about the ROCKSTROH VICTORIA.

Again, if you have any info on these laying around, it would be of great help!

––––––––––––––––––––––

Donomo

bornrd

Thanks! <3

Jens is a legend, he actually supplied me with the phoenix manual

Don't know how i missed this one

––––––––––––––––––––––

bornrd

You solve a problem, you get two problems.
Technically this should contain our Rockstroh Victoria. (Again, Jens!)
But our wheel is different, so I guess it's another model.
The manufacturers Website went down in 2009, and even with wayback machine, they did not have all that much info up.
For completeness' sake, here's the scan of the Victoria press series catalog:

VICTORIA Catalog

..and here's a trashed Version of our Schelter & Giesecke Phoenix A, the only other one i could find:

S&G PHOENX A

As well as pictures of our VICTORIA and our PHOENIX:

––––––––––––––––––––––

bornrd

Wowie, I thought the bigger pictures were too big?

I... kinda hacked the 2MB file size limit i guess :D

––––––––––––––––––––––

bornrd

I do not.

I just make the Info tablets and logo and stuff for the museum

But they both work. We also have a Heidelberg Original Tiegel /Platen press and a Heidelberg Cylinder.

––––––––––––––––––––––