News:

Main Menu

Plate Processors

Started by Tracy, August 11, 2017, 11:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Anyone using the FLH 85Z Plate Processor?
Preparing to move and I'm getting this new processor

also does anyone know if there is a difference between 85Z and 85Z Supreme?

I'm thinking they are all 220v

I'm having to deal with Plumbing and electricity without having the processor

Farabomb

Looks pretty much like what I used to have. For my install the water was only used for cleaning. The processor itself drank distilled water on a daily basis. You will have to plumb a drain and water for cleaning. The water feed is a simple garden hose connection. Beware of over tightening it. It's a plastic distribution box that isn't strong at all.

The drain is another story. IIRC it's a 1.5 or 2" threaded PVC pipe. In a perfect world you'd have it plumbed (by a real plumber) into a drain or neutralizing tank. Mine wasn't a perfect world. I had a plastic 55 gallon drum that I cut the bottom off of. It dumped into that then a sump pump pushed it to a drain. Most of the time it worked but sometimes it wouldn't turn on and you had a hell of a mess to clean up. There was also the issue of the drain backflowing when it was raining real hard but that was just another BS thing I had to deal with because doing it right the first time doesn't exist here.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

I'm dealing with a sump pump currently, they are plumbing a drain in the new building :banana:

I think the electrician put the wrong plug in tho, I know nothing about electricity
I have 2- 220s for the imagesetter, the outlets say 220
the one they put in for the processor says 125v, I'm thinking this is wrong.
I have to have all this in place before they come in and install,
they are not from San Diego so it needs to be perfect-I'm stressing :laugh:
I keep telling my boss I need to talk to the electrician
He doesn't see the urgency [sigh]

Joe

The place that sold you the new processor should have given you documentation specs for the new processor. If not call them and tell them you need the specs.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

I'm pretty sure it's 220v. My dinky little AGFA clean out unit for the "processor less" plates is still 220v. It can be replugged for whatever plugs you have at your shop pretty easily.

But yeah, Joe is right. Call fuji and they should have all the installation specs.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

They are giving us the processor :banana:
currently I have an old Kodak box refurbished for Fuji
the one I got coming is fully automatic.

I have the specs-220, I think the electrician screwed up
I have never heard of 125v that is the outlet he put in for the processor.
I am going to try and get a hold of him.

fyi: It seems some printers in San Diego are having their drains measured
a printer down the street from us is having to jump through hoops
getting their PH balanced to avoid a fine.

Farabomb

I'm surprised when they town said we can just dump it down the drain without a problem. That was with the LH-PJ plates though.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on August 14, 2017, 10:00:10 AMThey are giving us the processor :banana:
currently I have an old Kodak box refurbished for Fuji

Yeah if the specs say 220 then it has to be 220. Your boss may not care now but they show up to install it and have no power he will care then. As far 125 volt...

110V is a legacy term left over from ages gone by
115V comes from the design side, equipment is normally designed to run on 115V +/- 10%
120V comes from the supply side, under standard conditions electrical utilities deliver electricity at 120V +/- 5%

Tracy

Thanks-I'm going to double make sure that outlet is right before they come for the install.
Boss is making it hard but I will insist.

My old plate processor must have heard the news, she just shut down the menu board.
I'm manually having to add chemistry and hold down the reentry button to get plates thru.
yeah I got time for this :sarcasm:

Possum

Boss would be more unhappy if the installation crew comes and says they can't install their machine on that outlet. Reschedule installation - oh, maybe three weeks from today. We're busy.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on August 14, 2017, 01:23:28 PMThanks-I'm going to double make sure that outlet is right before they come for the install.

My old plate processor must have heard the news, she just shut down the menu board.
I'm manually having to add chemistry and hold down the reentry button to get plates thru.

That 220 v receptacle has to be the correct one to match the plug on the processor. Yes there are different types of 220 v plugs. The machine specs should specify what type of plug it uses.

Ear

220, 221... whatever works
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

Quote from: Joe on August 14, 2017, 03:07:28 PM
Quote from: Tracy on August 14, 2017, 01:23:28 PMThanks-I'm going to double make sure that outlet is right before they come for the install.

That 220 v receptacle has to be the correct one to match the plug on the processor. Yes there are different types of 220 v plugs. The machine specs should specify what type of plug it uses.
This is correct. We have a drawer full of plugs just for when we get new stuff and the plugs are different.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

I was wondering about that, Thanks!
I will check my specs

andyfest

Quote from: Tracy on August 14, 2017, 10:00:10 AMThey are giving us the processor :banana:
currently I have an old Kodak box refurbished for Fuji

We use a neutralizing system from Greenflow Environmental Services to neutralize the pH of the plate developer waste effluent before it goes out the drain. Simple system, but works great.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro