Wyze and Google Nest Home

Started by DigiCorn, September 07, 2023, 01:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

There's a cross promotion going on right now between Wyze and Google Nest Home. (There's also this). You can get a 7" Google Home smartscreen and an indoor/outdoor video surveilance camera for $79.99 (50% off). Google Home integrates with ADT and if you have Wyze it does that (and Arlo). I dropped Xfinity ($165/mo for 2gb cable internet, home phone and alarm/monitoring) to get Fidium ($69.99/mo for home phone and 2gb fibre-optic internet but no alarm) and I have 5 Arlo cams and 4 Wyze cams and Google Home monitors it all. I have Arlo cloud recording and Wyze SD recording and I programmed Home, Away and Night time modes with push alerts. If I'm Away from Home and something trips a camera, I get video immediately (and recorded) and I can 1-touch activate an alarm/call for help. 

I also have a Ring doorbell and motion floodlight, but Google Home doesn't integrate with Ring.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway