Log File for Deleted jobs

Started by Slappy, July 25, 2019, 10:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Got a CSR asking me if a job from 4 weeks ago was plated, I don't archive small press jobs and they Auto delete after 14 days. Does XF make a Job Log for everyyyyything that's been processed/plated so I can investigate?

My assumption is that it somehow got pulled out of Production, then Invoiced but was never printed.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

born2print

Dunno about XF, but in Prinergy (as far as I can tell) when you "destroy" a job it is GONE without a trace.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Joe

Quote from: born2print on July 25, 2019, 10:36:56 AM
Dunno about XF, but in Prinergy (as far as I can tell) when you "destroy" a job it is GONE without a trace.

Might still be able to find it (for Prinergy) in the System History under the tools menu in Workshop. Ours goes all the way back to 2009 when we started using Prinergy. :laugh:

No idea about XMF though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

AaronH

You might be able to look for the plate images XMF makes under the job folder on the server, under XMF's Job ID number, not your internal Job Name. It might not be there though if it's been deleted.

As far as I know, there isn't a log that long.

Actually, you may be able to see from the System and Device Status window and check out the device log for your plate setter. I was able to go back to the 10th, but you might have better luck. Still you'd need to know what the XMF job ID was for that job.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

Diddler

Without an archive of the job I don't think this will be possible. We archive all jobs here but do not archive the rendered data so we can keep it a manageable size.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

Slappy

Eh, no big deal but thanks for the ideas! Not so much in this case, but you never know for the future when you'll have to "prove" something, right?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Tracy

yep! 1st ones to go under the bus!