News:

Main Menu

Acro X vs. Acro 9

Started by DigiCorn, January 31, 2012, 03:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Quote from: t-pat on February 08, 2012, 11:15:07 AMis there a repository somewhere on here of fancy EALs?

What's an EAL?

Quote from: Joe on February 08, 2012, 11:35:51 AMObviously you have been doing it wrong all these years and Adobe is trying to correct that. :lmao:

I disagree. I just want it back the way it was; when it reverts to whatever you did last. And if you have to set it new every time, allow me to save some preset preferences.

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Tracy

I didn't see the sarcasm emoticon
so EAL= Enfocus Action List?

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on February 08, 2012, 12:07:09 PM
Quote from: t-pat on February 08, 2012, 11:15:07 AMis there a repository somewhere on here of fancy EALs?

What's an EAL?

Quote from: Joe on February 08, 2012, 11:35:51 AMObviously you have been doing it wrong all these years and Adobe is trying to correct that. :lmao:

I disagree. I just want it back the way it was; when it reverts to whatever you did last. And if you have to set it new every time, allow me to save some preset preferences.

EAL = Enfocus Action List

Adobe knows best...and you will like it! :whip:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Diddler on February 07, 2012, 10:26:14 PMJoe and Frailer you guys are LegEnds.  :banana: Thanks so much. Going to save me a couple of hours each week!  The Beers are on me guys next time or maybe 1st time Joe, your ever in QLD. Actually nearly time to blow the froth of a few shortly.  :drunk3: :drunk3: :drunk3: :drunk3: :drunk3: :drunk3:

Oops.. More work needed, shall get back soon...   :cheesy:

Select lower radio button. Load your Die colour (in this case, for example only, Banana Yellow), and it should be left in place. Off to test... :walker:  This is if you have other (required) Spots in the job. You can Load Locally from the job, however they've named the Dieline. (... but you knew that...)

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Just tested. Seems to work.  It is still © J. Cannon Esq.    :laugh:

Might be good to do a Save As on the Dieline PDF, post-EAL, to re-write it and get rid of references to other colours.

And I did bid on that bike over the weekend. Someone wanted it real bad.... It was a very nice retro. Beautiful, in fact.  :shrug:  (Bad keyline is for illustration purposes only; no care and no responsibility taken).
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

mattbeals

Www.actionlistexchange.net

People were using it quite a bit. It's still there for people to use, feel free!
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

DigiCorn

After a month plus of using Acro X, I find I have two major issues with it. The print menu is garbage, and I'm tired of having to set every parameter every time instead of it just remembering what I did last time. If you do try to "just reprint" something, even if the parameter setting is "held," it still doesn't work right. Also, because of our Solaris box and Fiery, we HAVE to save a lot of stuff down to make it work with SmartBoard, so that requires making a .ps and redistilling. Over 90% of the time, I get an error that it can't save as a .ps and I have to take it in to 9 where there's no problem. About to abandon the Acro X "experiment."
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway