Acrobat DC May 10 2016

Started by Joe, May 12, 2016, 11:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Adobe has released an update for Acrobat DC that fixes the Output Preview issue and Print issues if you were one of the lucky ones that could no longer print from Acrobat.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

If it was just a OP issue we'd never see a patch. Lucky they porked it enough to screw up printing.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on May 19, 2016, 07:15:46 AMIf it was just a OP issue we'd never see a patch. Lucky they porked it enough to screw up printing.

True.

abc

Seems from the Adobe support forum, the jury is out if the fix works!

Joe

The only thing I tested was doing a correction with Pitstop and it least the display doesn't change to a black & white display of the cyan channel. So that part is fixed.

Joe

3rd party tools you add to the Quicktools toolbar still are missing every time I start DC and you have to go into Quick Tools and add any item and delete it and save to get them to show up. Oddly enough the Adobe tools that have been added are never missing. Only those of 3rd party tools like Pitstop and the Kodak tools.

I thought deleting prefs fixed that issue last week but it started doing it again within a day or two so deleting prefs is NOT the fix for that issue.

cbegnaud

Now all we need is to be able to run Acrobat DC in "high" res. I won't upgrade until pitstop icons and the high res is fixed. I can read the tiniest text and see alot of detail with this retina screen using XI. These DC issues have gone on for way too long. Can anyone chime in on the future of these issues?

Joe

Quote from: cbegnaud on May 19, 2016, 08:08:49 AMNow all we need is to be able to run Acrobat DC in "high" res. I won't upgrade until pitstop icons and the high res is fixed. I can read the tiniest text and see alot of detail with this retina screen using XI. These DC issues have gone on for way too long. Can anyone chime in on the future of these issues?

Not really. Adobe doesn't consider a lot of these issues as problems.

Joe

Output preview is still funky. Better than it was but jumping from page to page with output preview open still does some weird  things. And as others have mentioned at the Adobe forum scroll zooming gives some unexpected results too.

abc

@cbegnaud
Yep, Adobe finally told us how the Retina icons work, but it only applies to Acrobat DC update 3 or higher.
The next version will support PitStop icons on Retina, if you want to kick the tyres on the beta version just let me know
Drop me an email if you want an installer to play with. andrewb@enfocus.com

Joe

Since you mentioned the new icons in the beta ABC...have you looked at them with Acrobat DC dark theme?

abc

Yep, thanks for that Joe, we fixed it for the release!

Tracy

Quote from: abc on May 19, 2016, 08:15:50 AM@cbegnaud
Yep, Adobe finally told us how the Retina icons work, but it only applies to Acrobat DC update 3 or higher.
The next version will support PitStop icons on Retina, if you want to kick the tyres on the beta version just let me know
Drop me an email if you want an installer to play with. andrewb@enfocus.com
Oh Sweet!!   :banana:  I hope this means they are going to tackle the output preview too someday.

There are issues with output preview/ink density check and Retina Display

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on May 19, 2016, 08:04:41 AM3rd party tools you add to the Quicktools toolbar still are missing every time I start DC and you have to go into Quick Tools and add any item and delete it and save to get them to show up. Oddly enough the Adobe tools that have been added are never missing. Only those of 3rd party tools like Pitstop and the Kodak tools.

I thought deleting prefs fixed that issue last week but it started doing it again within a day or two so deleting prefs is NOT the fix for that issue.

I hear ya! Same deal here. And using quick tools is the way I have worked forever......this feels like the old days of stripping when film would come in with 2 different pin systems. Quark take note: heres an opportunity to be an Adobe killer! Just kidding I think.
 :drunk3:  :drunk3:  :drunk3:  :vomit: